Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Comments on PowerDirector 365 v18.6.3019 Release and New Features
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Today I have installed the latest version of PD. I like to make to following remarks on this new release:

• Love the Shutterstock availability. It will no doubt be benecitial for me future projects.

• What I don't like is that this Shutterstock icon seems to appear in the media room of all and every of my projects. Can it not be concealed somewhere ready to call? OKay I disappears when I select video-only or images-only or music-only, but I have a mixture of all these most of the times. Can we have a button, please Cyberlink, or is it already there and did I not discover it yet?

• Obviously I have tried some downloads, and I am impressed with how it works. However a number of the downloads (but not all) end with the message that an error occurred while opening the media file. I see that these error-files are still sitting in the Shutterstock download folder, as a subsequent message that the download was succesfull shows. PD does not load them.

• What I would like is to know in advance what the size of the Shutterstock download is. Am I downloading 50 or 500Mb, (which might be an indication of the quality too?)

• The files that DID successfully download and add to the media room, do not show strangely enough when I select "downloaded", although of course they are.

• In the PIP-designer What strikes me is that the first time I press on play the screen goes black for a very short moment before the playing is started. The subsequent plays go without the black...

I have forwarded these remarks through "provide suggestions" too.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]

• What I would like is to know in advance what the size of the Shutterstock download is. Am I downloading 50 or 500Mb, (which might be an indication of the quality too?)

I agree that it would be nice to see the file size when browsing, maybe like the pop-up messages PD already provides when hovering the cursor over existing media clips. At least you get to see the file size after clicking the Download button

• The files that DID successfully download and add to the media room, do not show strangely enough when I select "downloaded", although of course they are.

• That's a fairly important thing for CL to miss, since all items downloaded from DZ show up that way. A workaround would be to create a new Shutterstock tag, then select all the downloaded clips and use right-click, Add to > Shutterstock. Unfortunately, you'll also need to do that in every single project

Another thing I found is that unlike all DZ content, Shutterstock media are not visible in any other projects unless you specifically import the shared folder (which defaults to \OneDrive\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Shutterstock Cache Files\ on my system). You could easily end up with multiple copies of Shutterstock clips because you'd have to download a new copy each time if you didn't import the shared folder (or the specific clips from that folder).

• In the PIP-designer What strikes me is that the first time I press on play the screen goes black for a very short moment before the playing is started. The subsequent plays go without the black...

• I see the same thing, and like you saw, it's only blank the first time it's previewed after opening the PiP Designer.

Unfortunately, I've now had 4 Kernel Heap Mode BSODs caused by nvlddmkm.sys when trying to write this response, so something about the new PD, Win10 2004, or the latest nVidia Studio Diver ( 451.48 ) is broken.

I've reported the issue on ticket CS002182557.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 29. 2020 15:19

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°