Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Where is the Device and Home media(DLNA)?
metoi [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 21, 2020 08:29 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I've installed PowerDVD_20.0.1519.62_Essential_DVD191112-01,but these is no "Device and Home media(DLNA)",which is available in PowerDVD Ultra v19.0.2403.62.

Did the function been removed?

Can the PowerDVD 20 be a DLNA render still?

If it can,where is it ,and how to start it? Thanks!
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
I just upgraded and am using it. It looks like it was removed and replaced with PowerDVD's own home network sharing. So far I like it a lot better, because I am using my computer as a server for all my media and playing it on my iOS device in another room.

How are you trying to play it? This thread goes over the new setup a bit: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/82098.page

Dave
metoi [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I just upgraded and am using it. It looks like it was removed and replaced with PowerDVD's own home network sharing. So far I like it a lot better, because I am using my computer as a server for all my media and playing it on my iOS device in another room.

How are you trying to play it? This thread goes over the new setup a bit: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/82098.page

Dave

I need a render, not a server.

I'd like to use PowerPlayer App's "play to" function to play media in mobile device to PC.

But now I cann't find PowerDVD 20 DLNA render in the PowerPlayer App's "play to" list.
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Yeah, I was mistaken...they just moved the DLNA section down in the list on the left. It still works for me as renderer, you just need to continue using Power Media Player.

The new PowerPlayer apps do not have play to feature. No matter though, as you can use Power Media Player as always.

Dave
metoi [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Yeah, I was mistaken...they just moved the DLNA section down in the list on the left. It still works for me as renderer, you just need to continue using Power Media Player.

The new PowerPlayer apps do not have play to feature. No matter though, as you can use Power Media Player as always.

Dave

I found the option,see attachment.
[Thumb - PowerDVD20DLNA.png]
 Filename
PowerDVD20DLNA.png
[Disk]
 Description
PowerDVD 20 DLNA Settings
 Filesize
12 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
243 time(s)
metzmma [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 10, 2007 17:25 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
So how do you use it? I don't see anyway to find my DNLA device on my home network.
metoi [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote So how do you use it? I don't see anyway to find my DNLA device on my home network.

Do you see the picture of the setting of DLNA devices?

Just choose "Allow other media computers or devices to play their media content to this PowerDVD", and you will see the DLNA render device in you Power Media Player app's "play to" list.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 24. 2020 22:35

metzmma [Avatar]
[Post New]

Do you see the picture of the setting of DLNA devices?

Just choose "Allow other media computers or devices to play their media content to this PowerDVD", and you will see the DLNA render device in you Power Media Player app's "play to" list.

Ok, this seems way more complicated than the old way. I have the DLNA thing selected. When I just use PowerDVD on the computer and I want to stream from my DLNA device, how can I get it to play? On PowerDVD 19 I could just see the device and select it.

You mentioned the Power Media Player App, I'm assuming you're talking about a separate app, as I don't see a "play to" list in PowerDVD. Under the Shared Media tab, all it shows is "[Scanning..]". I don't know if there is another setting somewhere for it to see the home network.

I know it could be operator error here, but I'm beginning to think this thing is a buggy POS not ready for prime time.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 25. 2020 07:26

metoi [Avatar]
[Post New]

Ok, this seems way more complicated than the old way. I have the DLNA thing selected. When I just use PowerDVD on the computer and I want to stream from my DLNA device, how can I get it to play? On PowerDVD 19 I could just see the device and select it.

You mentioned the Power Media Player App, I'm assuming you're talking about a separate app, as I don't see a "play to" list in PowerDVD. Under the Shared Media tab, all it shows is "[Scanning..]". I don't know if there is another setting somewhere for it to see the home network.

I know it could be operator error here, but I'm beginning to think this thing is a buggy POS not ready for prime time.

Let me make it clear:

1.Play media in PC to mobile devices.

2.Play media in mobile devices to PowerDVD.

Which one do you want?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 25. 2020 11:36

metzmma [Avatar]
[Post New]

Let me make it clear:

1.Play media in PC to mobile devices.

2.Play media in mobile devices to PowerDVD.

Which one do you want?

Neither of those. I want the functionality it used to have. I have an NAS with DNLA software that I could easily play files via PowerDVD. I don't see that capability anymore. It worked fine on PowerDVD19, and that version could see all my devices on my network. This version shows nothing on my network. Those functions you mention appear to be new with PowerDVD20, or at least if they did exist before I never used them.

I have now installed PowerDVD20 on a second computer, it too cannot see my home network devices. I also put Cyberlink's new little new APP player on my IPAD, and that doesn't see the two computers, or my NAS device. Again, it may be something I'm doing, but I don't see this thing working. The good news is, it at least plays DVD and Blu-rays fine.

Thanks for your help though.
Jets2011
[Post New]

The DLNA function in PowerDVD 20 hasn't changed from PowerDVD 19...so not sure why you are having issues. It is just further down the list on the media tab.

Dave

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 26. 2020 01:18

metzmma [Avatar]
[Post New]

The DLNA function in PowerDVD 20 hasn't changed from PowerDVD 19...so not sure why you are having issues. It is just further down the list on the media tab.

Dave

If you look at the first post on this thread, the poster says there is no longer a Device and Home Media (DLNA) drop check, I don't see that either, so it definitely has changed. In the PowerDVD20 settings, where the DLNA checkboxes are, even with all the settings properly set, once selected, I still see no listing of anything on my network via the media tab, including the NAS. In 19, all the other computers showed up and I could select them to stream to PowerDVD if anything was shared. I don't recall ever having to tell PowerDVD to find them, they just were there.

Addenum: I finally saw via a Cyberlink tutorial where the Device and Home Media check is that other folks have mentioned. On my current version of PowerDVD20, it only says USB devices on that spot. I'm using build 1519. I would be interested to know if this was broken in this version.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 26. 2020 17:28

QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]

If you look at the first post on this thread, the poster says there is no longer a Device and Home Media (DLNA) drop check, I don't see that either, so it definitely has changed. In the PowerDVD20 settings, where the DLNA checkboxes are, even with all the settings properly set, once selected, I still see no listing of anything on my network via the media tab, including the NAS. In 19, all the other computers showed up and I could select them to stream to PowerDVD if anything was shared. I don't recall ever having to tell PowerDVD to find them, they just were there.

Addenum: I finally saw via a Cyberlink tutorial where the Device and Home Media check is that other folks have mentioned. On my current version of PowerDVD20, it only says USB devices on that spot. I'm using build 1519. I would be interested to know if this was broken in this version.

It seems the option just does not show in powerdvd 20 by default as they are encouraging users to use their new media library sharing feature instead. You may enable it by the following steps:

Go to powerdvd settings > Preferences > UI Customization > Media Panel page.

Select the "DLNA devices" option to enable the display on powerdvd's Media Panel.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Apr 27. 2020 00:50

metzmma [Avatar]
[Post New]

It seems the option just does not show in powerdvd 20 by default as they are encouraging users to use their new media library sharing feature instead. You may enable it by the following steps:

Go to powerdvd settings > Preferences > UI Customization > Media Panel page.

Select the "DLNA devices" option to enable the display on powerdvd's Media Panel.

Thank you, yes that finally did it!
MdSi95 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 02, 2020 13:47 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I had the same problem like metzmma, therefore I am lucky to find the solution in this forum especially because an email to Cyberlink concerning this topic was not answered till now. In my opinion you should consider enabling the display of the DLNA devices by default.

Thanks
MdSi95
SSjd14 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 17, 2021 12:09 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I don't see DLNA option in the TV mode interface (evaluating 20). It works in PC mode but I am intending to use it in TV mode. Any suggestions?
SSjd14 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 17, 2021 12:09 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I don't see DLNA option in the TV mode interface (evaluating 20). It works in PC mode but I am intending to use it in TV mode. Any suggestions?

Is this issue addressed in version 21?
metzmma [Avatar]
[Post New]
It appears to have been totally eliminated in PowerDVD 21, that was their solution.
BJ1200 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 10, 2012 13:31 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
Quote It appears to have been totally eliminated in PowerDVD 21, that was their solution.

Hey SS & Metz,

Not trying to threadjack, but what is the purpose of this DLNA setting? I'm an older guy, not very familiar. We access the movies on our NAS directly from PDVD by using the top left GIU choice - My Computer>Diskstation>Video>Movies. They are mostly all MKV's and when we click on them, they start playing. We don't let PDVD scan our PC folders. Are we using this DVD all wrong?
metzmma [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hey SS & Metz,

Not trying to threadjack, but what is the purpose of this DLNA setting? I'm an older guy, not very familiar. We access the movies on our NAS directly from PDVD by using the top left GIU choice - My Computer>Diskstation>Video>Movies. They are mostly all MKV's and when we click on them, they start playing. We don't let PDVD scan our PC folders. Are we using this DVD all wrong?

Not an expert either, but it sounds like your device is connected directly to your computer and you're selecting the folder that way. Without DLNA, PowerDVD can't see my NAS on the network, so unable to stream from it.