Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Playing Video to Chromecast Fails
prevaljo [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 01, 2017 22:19 Messages: 105 Offline
[Post New]
I am currently running Power DVD 19 and before that Power DVD 18. I purchased the program initially to play home made MP4 videos to a Chromecast attached to a large screen TV. This feature has never worked on my setup. I upgraded to PowerDVD 19 because I hoped the problem had been corrected. It hadn't been. I've subsequently upgraded my Windows PC to Win 10 and it made no difference.

All Power DVD 19 can detect on my network is a VR Headset which I don't have and have never had. Support have never been able to resolve this isssue which is a fundamental feature of the program.

Has this issue been resolved in Power DVD 20....
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I have been playing my movies to my smart TV with chromecast with no problems with Powerdvd 19, so I don't think there is any issue with it in the program.
What is the exact setup you are using? Is your computer and Chromecast on WiFi, or connected via a cable?
Dave
prevaljo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

I have been playing my movies to my smart TV with chromecast with no problems with Powerdvd 19, so I don't think there is any issue with it in the program.
What is the exact setup you are using? Is your computer and Chromecast on WiFi, or connected via a cable?
Dave

I have tried playing from PowerDVD 19 to a Chromecast:

1. From a Win 7 desktop

2. From a brand new out of the box Win 10 desktop

3. Reinstalled on the Win 10 box - guided by Cyberlink Support

All to no avail.

There are three scenarios

1. PowerDVD 19 cannot find the Chromecast on the network. ie there is no option to Play To

2. It can find the Chromecast in Play To it starts to try and play, you get the rotating starburst, then it stops and the error message says it can't find the Chromecast.

3. Sometimes it plays, then I buy a Lotto ticket.
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
It does sound frutrating, but it works for most people, so...and you didn't answer my specific question, so I can't help based on your feedback. Bottom line is stick with PowerDVD 19, because version 20 won't fix something that's not broken for anyone else.

Dave
prevaljo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote It does sound frutrating, but it works for most people, so...and you didn't answer my specific question, so I can't help based on your feedback. Bottom line is stick with PowerDVD 19, because version 20 won't fix something that's not broken for anyone else.

Dave

Sorry Dave, am having to share this computer due to lockdown restrictions and I didn't fully read your response. As I said I couldn't get PowerDVD 19 to go so I abandoned it.

As far as my exact setup is concerned.

My computer is connected to my wireless router (Synology AC1900) over Ethernet. I have tried connecting the Chromecast over WiFi and over Ethernet the behaviour is identical. Its hard to know where to or what to do next.

My computer can play video files to the Chromecast using VLC and YouTube can play as well with no problem so it's frustrating. All the mobile devices in my house can play streaming video (Netflix, Neon, Disney etc) to the Chromecast without issue.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 20. 2020 18:16