Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Application Manager
Greenbaum1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 20, 2020 17:51 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Why do some of my purchased software not show up in the Application Manager? I have tried reinstalling but nothing seems to work. Is it necessary to keep up to date from the Application Manager?

Thanks - Greenbaum1
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Which purchased software is missing? If your subscription is only for PowerDirector (and not DirectorSuite), then PD will be the only app shown, even if you've purchased other software under a perpetual license. You can check your subscription status here.

The App Manager will automatically update itself when you launch it maunually, or when you restart Windows if it's set to run automatically at Windows startup.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Greenbaum1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 20, 2020 17:51 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Which purchased software is missing? If your subscription is only for PowerDirector (and not DirectorSuite), then PD will be the only app shown, even if you've purchased other software under a perpetual license. You can check your subscription status here.

The App Manager will automatically update itself when you launch it manually, or when you restart Windows if it's set to run automatically at Windows startup.

I have Screen Recorder 4 Deluxe software and that's the one not on the list. Does that fall into a different category?

Thanks
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Yes. That's considered a stand-alone product and the latest version is 4.2.3.8860. Click on ? at the top right of the SR4 window and choose About to see which version you have installed.

You can also click on the nearby bell icon to check for updates/upgrades, or you can manually check the CL Software Downloads page for patches.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 26. 2020 16:55

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
PhoenixElvisNicholson [Avatar]
Member Location: Madison, Alabama USA Joined: May 29, 2020 14:46 Messages: 95 Offline
[Post New]
Jusy installed PD 19 Ultimate on my laptop.
Application manger does not see it
or the previous (17 Ultimaate) version Intel i5-9400F / B 360M MB (MS-7B19) 2.9 Ghz /
32 GB DDR4 / Radeon RX580
Personal website https://www.PENwords.net
optodata
[Post New]
PD17 and PD19 aren't subscription products so neither one will show up in the App Manager.

You need the App Manager to install PD365 but there's no reason to have it installed at all if you only bought the individual license versions.
PhoenixElvisNicholson [Avatar]
Member Location: Madison, Alabama USA Joined: May 29, 2020 14:46 Messages: 95 Offline
[Post New]
Quote PD17 and PD19 aren't subscription products so neither one will show up in the App Manager.

You need the App Manager to install PD365 but there's no reason to have it installed at all if you only bought the individual license versions.

Thank you...
Spinman [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 26, 2019 17:16 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Why does my old copy of PD 15 show up (and used it to install on another PC) as well as several other non-subscription standalone programs and add on packs I have paid for. I have been updating my PD since Version 2 (about 20 years) so why is my PD version 17 Ultimate, PD version 21 Ultimate or the several versions of PhotoDirector as well as Audio programs with the add-on packs not important enough to work with this program. It was a smooth install of PD 15 on my other PC and wondered why all my other software I have dished out tons of cash to Cyberlink was not showing up if I needed to reinstall or move it to a differant PC. So only the customers that pay for on-going subsription get this easy to use and wonderful program and my PD 15 is just a goofy mistake LOL. I will wait with much anticipation for a reply.

The 20 year long customer,
Spinman
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Why does my old copy of PD 15 show up (and used it to install on another PC) as well as several other non-subscription standalone programs and add on packs I have paid for. I have been updating my PD since Version 2 (about 20 years) so why is my PD version 17 Ultimate, PD version 21 Ultimate or the several versions of PhotoDirector as well as Audio programs with the add-on packs not important enough to work with this program. It was a smooth install of PD 15 on my other PC and wondered why all my other software I have dished out tons of cash to Cyberlink was not showing up if I needed to reinstall or move it to a differant PC. So only the customers that pay for on-going subsription get this easy to use and wonderful program and my PD 15 is just a goofy mistake LOL. I will wait with much anticipation for a reply.

The 20 year long customer,
Spinman

Hello,

For perpetual products, like the ones you mentioned, from what I know, they will display in CyberLink Application Manager if you previously redeemed your digital copy of the software after purchase. For an example: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=24744

Once redeemed, then it is available in CAM for convenience until it expires. If you never redeemed, then it won't be available in CAM.

If you have any more specific questions, I suggest you contact CyberLink yourself directly:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 23. 2023 04:01