Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video Preview Playback Problem
InvisibleJong489 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 12, 2019 09:48 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
So, recently when I am editing videos, I find there is a problem when previewing the video in the timeline.

When I am previewing in the timeline, the video actually plays slower than normal, for instance, if I play the video on the timeline the same time i play it on my phone, my phone plays the video faster.

This problem occurs ONLY when I drag the video on the timeline, when I put the video in the library or produce it, the video plays at normal speed, but if I play it on the timeline, the video plays slower. If the video I put down is 5 minutes long, while the ACTUAL playing time is 5 minutes, but in the timeline the video might end at 4 minutes because it plays slower.

I find this happens a few minutes after I uploaded the video to the library. When I upload the video to the library, first there would be a yellow icon on the corner, and if I put it on the timeline, the video plays in normal speed. But after a few minutes, all a sudden the video's icon at the library turns green and the video will play slower in the timeline, forcing me to delete the entire video and reuploading the video so I can have normal playback speed for a few minutes.

One thing to note, I am using the free version all along, so is it I have to purchase the full version to stop this from happening? or anything I need to do? thanks
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote So, recently when I am editing videos, I find there is a problem when previewing the video in the timeline.

When I am previewing in the timeline, the video actually plays slower than normal, for instance, if I play the video on the timeline the same time i play it on my phone, my phone plays the video faster.

This problem occurs ONLY when I drag the video on the timeline, when I put the video in the library or produce it, the video plays at normal speed, but if I play it on the timeline, the video plays slower. If the video I put down is 5 minutes long, while the ACTUAL playing time is 5 minutes, but in the timeline the video might end at 4 minutes because it plays slower.

I find this happens a few minutes after I uploaded the video to the library. When I upload the video to the library, first there would be a yellow icon on the corner, and if I put it on the timeline, the video plays in normal speed. But after a few minutes, all a sudden the video's icon at the library turns green and the video will play slower in the timeline, forcing me to delete the entire video and reuploading the video so I can have normal playback speed for a few minutes.

One thing to note, I am using the free version all along, so is it I have to purchase the full version to stop this from happening? or anything I need to do? thanks

Check disable, Enable shadow files .... Solves your problem.
Also Set Preview Resolution Quality.
See the images.
[Thumb - Preview resolução.jpg]
 Filename
Preview resolução.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
79 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
[Thumb - shadow files.jpg]
 Filename
shadow files.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
118 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1 time(s)
curtain [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 04, 2019 21:07 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
I used to have a similar problem where it would play at 2x speed. This was in PD18 but I think they have fixed this problem since I never seem to run into it anymore. When I ran into it, I would just close and reopen PD18. I am not sure if the trial of PD18 is running the patched code that PowerDirector 365 runs. See if you can update it for the latest patches.
Raikku [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 28, 2018 03:00 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I used to have a similar problem where it would play at 2x speed. This was in PD18 but I think they have fixed this problem since I never seem to run into it anymore. When I ran into it, I would just close and reopen PD18. I am not sure if the trial of PD18 is running the patched code that PowerDirector 365 runs. See if you can update it for the latest patches.

I have quite recently got this problem, too. When I am previewing the video, it suddenly start playing too fast. Furthermore the voice I hear and the playhead on the timeline do not sync any more. Then it starts playing normal again and after a while too fast again. In the library, the video clips play normally. Also, the produced video plays ok but it is a bit challenging to edit, when what you see on the time line and on the preview window and what you hear do not sync.
Disabling shadow files did not help. Nor re-opening PowerDirector . I have tried several times.