Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
#^% Question: Online Only?
AGagnon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 23, 2011 14:46 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
I wish to upgrade form PD14 and 365 looks nice. But does it download directly to desktop? Can use it offline or do I need to do only when I am online?

Also will it open my old master files from PD14 and previous verisions, so I can use established templates?
curtain [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 04, 2019 21:07 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
PD 365 uses the Cyberlink Application Manager and will initially install the latest version. It will notify you when there are updates and new media packs are available. You can refuse to upgrade but I am not sure for how long.

I would think you would be able to open your old files just fine. I think this because the templates off director zone say they will work with versions dating far back.

I am not too sure if you can use it offline, you probably need to connect every x days. I tried to lauch it once and it said I needed to connect to the internet to ensure my license was still valid. I am connected most of the time but I guess I was not at that time.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
As far as I'm aware, PD365 needs to check your subscription status once every 30 days.

It's installed on your hard drive (as in, it's not a "cloud-only" app), and there's no requirement to be online while editing. As long as you can connect when/if your prompted for the license check, you'll be fine.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 03. 2020 17:42

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Also will it open my old master files from PD14 and previous verisions, so I can use established templates?

The old files will usually open, however, some aspects may not be as they were. This really depends on what editing features were incorporated in the old files. For instance, any chroma key effects will not be the same, slideshow timings can be different, some previous effects may not be available....on and on, but they usually open successfully for a starting point.

Jeff