Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
4k 10 Bit 400mbps not supported by powerdirector?
MrPadded [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 21, 2014 02:42 Messages: 41 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there,

Just wondering if you can import 4k 10 bit mp4 into powerdirector? It doesn't seem to be working from my GH5.

Thanks!
AshWilliams [Avatar]
Member Location: Michigan Joined: Mar 28, 2013 23:38 Messages: 109 Offline
[Post New]
You need to tell us the codec for the video file. MP4 is just a container and doesn't mean too much.

For 10-bit files, PowerDirector does supports some codecs. The full list is here:

https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdirector/18/enu/05_01_01_support_file_formats.htm

Ash
MrPadded [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 21, 2014 02:42 Messages: 41 Offline
[Post New]
Quote You need to tell us the codec for the video file. MP4 is just a container and doesn't mean too much.

For 10-bit files, PowerDirector does supports some codecs. The full list is here:

https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdirector/18/enu/05_01_01_support_file_formats.htm

Ash

It's the all-I codec or all intra.

That list isn't loading for me unfortunately.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Here are the supported video formats, just scroll down to the Format and Device Support section. There are also several threads already on the forum regarding GH5 clips and PD18/365, such as this one.

The best way to know if your clip is compatible would be to upload a short sample to OneDrive, Google Drive, DropBox, etc., Then paste the link to it here, so other people can examine the technical details and test whether PD18 can import it on their systems.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
It looks like all the 400 Mbps bitrate options for that camera are 4:2:2/10bit. PD18 does not generically support 4:2:2/10bit in a mp4 container as your OP references. PD does support 4:2:2/10bit ProRes in a MOV container. It appears the camera also has the option to change to a MOV container but it looks like this uses the Panasonic ALL-Intra compression vs ProRes so I doubt that will be supported either. Worth a try though.

The 4:2:0 recording formats should be supported.

Jeff
[Post New]
I can confirm that at least some MOV 10 bit files are supported...

My Fuji X-T3 produces 4K, h265, 10 bit, 400mbps MOV files and they import into PD18 no problem.

I say "No problem" but there is a caveats...

If I record using 4K, 10 bit, LongGOP using HLG, then there IS a problem !

If I subsequently apply a LUT to the footage, then PD18 'Produces' a black screen video with just sound - If I don't apply a LUT - then PD18 'Produces' the file correctly !
If I don't record using HLG, (Choosing any of the other recording options), then I CAN apply a LUT or any other colour correction without issue. (??? ! )

This is just something I've been avoiding, using the 'Eterna' or similar film simulation recording in camera.

I had no idea why this was happening and no information was forthcoming from any forum post - However... I note from looking at the 'Supported file formats' list as suggested by AshWilliams in this thread (I had to manually paste the end of the link)...

There is a note regarding HLG 10 bit MOV files that reads...

"PowerDirector now supports 10-bit HDR* video import. HDR 10-bit BT.2020 (HDR10 and HLG) is converted to SDR 8-bit BT.709 during import."

I wonder if this is where the issue occurs ?
detroit123 [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Dec 20, 2011 14:58 Messages: 194 Offline
[Post New]
I noticed no one has posted here in several months

I can also record 10bit 4 2 2 MOV AVC from my Panasonic and they will not import into PD18

They should have fixed this by now since 10 bit 4 2 2 is way more common now.

I can import 4K 60 into PD 18

anyone have any idea if they are going to start supporting this ?

in the meantime, what are people doing for the 10 bit 4 2 2 files ?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It would help to see a short sample clip that you're not able to import into PD. Upload it to a cloud sharing folder and paste a link so other people can test it. You can also report the issue directly to CL tech support using the form on the support page.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°