Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
extracting Audio
pepegota [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 28, 2014 16:29 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
Using "Link/Unlink Video and Audio" separates the audio, but if you do not press reset alias they still move together-rather odd?
I would think the Link/Unlink option would be enough and is not in the manual.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
After you highlight the clip and use Link/Unlink, both the video and the audio is still highlighted to give you a chance to link them again. You need to click on something else so that they are not highlighted anymore. Click on either the video or audio to highlight and move them.
pepegota [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Using "Link/Unlink Video and Audio" separates the audio, but if you do not press reset alias they still move together-rather odd?
I would think the Link/Unlink option would be enough and is not in the manual.

Thanks for the reply. Now I got it.
One more thing: How do you save the audio of a split clip? No save option seems available. In Videostudio you just drag it to the library for further use. In PD I would have to clear all but the audio clip and then save it-no too good.
I can remove all audio from the Library and save it, but the removed piece of audio on the time line cannot be saved. Can this be done?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 22. 2019 13:15

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote One more thing: How do you save the audio of a split clip? No save option seems available. In Videostudio you just drag it to the library for further use. In PD I would have to clear all but the audio clip and then save it-no too good.
I can remove all audio from the Library and save it, but the removed piece of audio on the time line cannot be saved. Can this be done?

I think you might be overthinking this. What are you wanting to use just the audio clip for? You can use that split audio clip anywhere in your current project without adding it to the library.

If you simply want to extract the audio, just place the source clip on the timline all by itself and produce to audio. No need to even split it first:

You'll get a new audio-only clip that is separate from the original, and that's also available for use outside of PD. You can choose WMV, M4A or WAV format.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
"O uso de "Vincular / desvincular vídeo e áudio" separa o áudio, mas se você não pressionar o alias de redefinição, eles ainda se movem juntos - um tanto estranho?
Eu acho que a opção Vincular / Desvincular seria suficiente e não está no manual."

PD has a simple option to save audio from a video, WAV format
Right click on the video and select Extract Audio

[Thumb - extract audio.png]
 Filename
extract audio.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
247 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Oct 25. 2019 11:55

XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
pepegota [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes, from the library, but not the timeline edit. You cannot drag the edited clip to the library as one can do in Videostudio for further use.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 29. 2019 21:09

AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Yes, from the library, but not the timeline edit. You cannot drag the edited clip to the library as one can do in Videostudio for further use.

See some ways to handle audio in PD18
XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
pepegota [Avatar]
[Post New]

See some ways to handle audio in PD18

Thanks for the helpful insight. However, it still is more burdensome than VS.