Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Suggestions for PDR 15
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Something a bit screwy here!

I check my emails, seeing that I have received a reply to my last post re: Suggestions For PD15, click on it and find it was my own post! HUH? Hey! Whattsa-matter you guys at-a Cyberlink Huh?

laughing

Cheers!

Neil
[Post New]
Quote: Jeff,

Re: your desire for "better audio volume control", I've found a way around that in PD8 and hope to apply the same, or similar practice in PD14.
Neil.

It is very, very labor-intensive method. I used to use it many years, until I found better one.

This process is called AUTO DUCKING and I asked CL many times for introducing this feature to next version of PD - w/o success.

All you have to do is produce separated audio track for narration and second one for music or environment sounds.

Audacity is the next point (in a couple of seconds you can do what you did many minutes/hours using your method).

Try it !

Of course I still ask CL: include AUDIO DUCKING in PD14 (sic!) or Audio Director (not preffered )
Psalm91 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 29, 2009 22:43 Messages: 33 Offline
[Post New]
Subtitles:

• Ability to preserve italicized subtitles when importing (like from an SRT). The italicized subtitles are enclosed in <i>...</i>.

• Ability to mix italicized and regular fonts together on the same or different lines within the same subtitle.

• Ability to import more than one file (currently, importing a second file erases all subtitles currently in the project).

Thanks

Chuck
Ricky2008 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Canada Joined: Apr 29, 2015 21:40 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I would like to have PD 15 improve the sync by audio in their multiple timeline tracks. Whenever I've multiple clips in each timeline they are all messing up after syncing(a lot of the clips moves down the next tracks). This will be great feature for the next PD because I always use 2-3 cameras most of the time.

Also, I would like to have a SAVE feature in MultiCam Designer so I can work on my project later and especially now the PD 14 always crashes. big headache Wedding Videographer
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
The ability to sign into several different accounts for social networking site, such as Youtube HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
MORRIS F [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 23, 2015 21:30 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
1. At what point will Cyberlink review and publish user requests for PD 15?

Also...........

"Snap feature for pictures sync with music beat"
Per instructions...
5. Click on Apply to close the Music Beat Detection window.
Once the music beat clip markers are added, media will snap to them when added to a track on the timeline.
------------------------

I cannot get the photos to "snap" to the beat.
------------------------

Thanks, Morris F
Alessandro de Sica [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 24, 2013 19:23 Messages: 72 Offline
[Post New]
And PLEASE get rid of those annoying and embarassing ads even though I have already purchased the full version!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 06. 2016 08:05

[Post New]
It suggest that the function of the mask in PD15 must be more sophisticated than it is now, for example, it can be in the freeform pen tool (with add/delete anchor points tool) which can draw a mask on a particular item and then apply the mask on the impact of this element.
Gordon 7 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: England Joined: Jan 29, 2012 15:45 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
I am trialling PD14 and no avcHD allowed to test - ridiculous!

I have PD8 and TV capture is no different in 14. There is no information about the TV channels and no ability edit channel numbers or to jump to any channel. You have to click one at a time and wade through them, and then you don't know what channel you are on. The ability to schedule a recording would be nice. Gordon
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Morris F asked: "At what point will Cyberlink review and publish user requests for PD 15?" My answer is that it's more than likely they won't publish any of them! As for the suggestions we have made thus far, I'd be very surprised if even one suggestion made it into the final version of PD15.

Let's not kid ourselves. We've been making suggestions for PD15 through this thread for, what? 6 months or more? The "boffins" at Cyberlink are not going to take the slightest bit of heed to our suggestions, they'll cram PD15 full of what THEY think we want or need.

I think this thread will turn out to be a futile execise. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm 99.98% sure I'm right.

Cheers!

Neil
JohntheAussie [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Australia, SA Joined: Jun 02, 2011 20:17 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
1. Audio scrubbing - Yes, others have mentioned this before. Very useful when editing. (And if I'm not mistaken it this feature was in Adobe Premiere Elements v1 back in 2004.
2. In burning to DVD add customization of project settings. (This was in APE1 also). Smart Fit works OK but customization is better.
3. In Multicam Designer being able to resize the 4 camera windows, which for me are too small on a 1920 x 1024 or larger resolution. This request was sent to Cyberlink after PD12 came out, but its been ignored. PD14 Ultimate
Win 10 64bit, Intel Core i5 - 2400, 16Gb RAM, Nvidia Geforce GT 430, 240Gb SSD
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Morris F asked: "At what point will Cyberlink review and publish user requests for PD 15?" My answer is that it's more than likely they won't publish any of them! As for the suggestions we have made thus far, I'd be very surprised if even one suggestion made it into the final version of PD15.
Let's not kid ourselves. We've been making suggestions for PD15 through this thread for, what? 6 months or more? The "boffins" at Cyberlink are not going to take the slightest bit of heed to our suggestions, they'll cram PD15 full of what THEY think we want or need.
I think this thread will turn out to be a futile execise. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm 99.98% sure I'm right.
Cheers!Neil

By the time PD14 is out, the techs are already working on PD15, but I have no doubt at all they see this thread and take ideas from it, as well as looking at other NLE companies offerings to see what is hot and trending. Your massively negative attitude has no basis in fact as several things asked for in the past have come to fruition, but you must keep in mind the price of this program, developement time, and the target audience, mostly consumer, so it's all dependant on various points to see what manages to wiggle in to the next version. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Shahar [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 16, 2016 05:52 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
**** Ability to apply action on multiple clips *****************

After working with many other video editors, I think that one of the biggest drawbacks in PDR is the ability to apply certain action on multiple clips. You can either apply on a single clip or the entire track.
It applies to:

1. Mute or apply volume change
2. Apply power tools (as Slow/Fast motion)
3. Link/unlink Video & Audio
4. Modifying & Enhancing

For each one of these actions (and sub-actions), you need to go clip by clip. You can apply some of the actions on the whole track, which is also not a solution. If you are editing a video with 10-20 clips, it is manageable, and maybe this is where PDR aiming. If you are into some serious editing work, this is tedious and time consuming. I really cannot understand it. In most other Video Editing SW it is as simple as two clicks.
MORRIS F [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 23, 2015 21:30 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: Morris F asked: "At what point will Cyberlink review and publish user requests for PD 15?" My answer is that it's more than likely they won't publish any of them! As for the suggestions we have made thus far, I'd be very surprised if even one suggestion made it into the final version of PD15.
Cheers!Neil

By the time PD14 is out, the techs are already working on PD15, but I have no doubt at all they see this thread and take ideas from it, as well as looking at other NLE companies offerings to see what is hot and trending. Your massively negative attitude has no basis in fact as several things asked for in the past have come to fruition, but you must keep in mind the price of this program, developement time, and the target audience, mostly consumer, so it's all dependant on various points to see what manages to wiggle in to the next version.

Barry, I agree...use to work in SW development for many years and it is a challenging industry. Morris
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
The ability to cast a proper (inverse?) shadow from a PNG file. As of now, the shadow is a repeat of the object's silhouette, not a true shadow. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello, Barry!

You think my view is pessimistic? well, it is, because there's so much "gadgetry" on the market these days that if you asked yourself the question, "do I really NEED this stuff?", your likely answer would be "NO". Tech companies like Cyberlink, Pinnacle, Corel and others, enlist these people, whom I refer to as "Boffins", to dream up and bring to fruition all this whiz-bang technology that does just about everything short of making a decent cup of coffee and washing the cup afterwards(ha-ha). PD15 should really be held off for a year or two so people can get used to PD14 and its features. Whether any of the suggestions we've made find their way into PD15, I'm very doubtful, but we can but wait and see what transpires, but "don't hold your breath". It's more than likely that very, VERY few, if any of our suggested innovations or corrections would actually be implemented.

Cheers!

Neil.
[Post New]
NEED MORE LENS CORRECTION PROFILES!
There are so few of them!

Need canon ef 50mm f/1.4 USM

It's a standard lens. Why it's not included do far?
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
Neil,
Cyberlink puts out a new version every year, they decide what is implemented, and if they try too much I suspect a ton of bugs and a whole bunch of upset people using it. Now then, if you want all the whizzbang stuff RIGHT NOW, you can drop uber $$$ for another pro-level NLE. I'll repeat myself just once, price and target audience. This is a great program at a great price, with this SUPERB forum of volunteers. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
[Post New]
Quote: (...)with this SUPERB forum of volunteers.

Yeah just please give me detailed instructions how to make lens profiles on my own because Lens Correction Profile Generator's User Guide content is not the best and I will upload some.

We can't really count on Cyberlink support
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
karab44,
I see no ability to create your own profile for later use, I think that is a weakness in the module design. The files are .pdlcp extensions and only Cyberlink, it appears, can create them. I want one for my wide angle lenses but it all seems geared at action cameras, not "normal" lenses. There is definitely room for improvement. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
[Post New]
You can create one in Cyberlink Lens Correction Profile Generator available in directors zone but instructions are quite unclear