CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
► PhD Suggestions - Please Contribute :)
Reply to this topic
Bill_D [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jul 30, 2014 21:43 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Fix the menu problem in Windows 10 - http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/45191.page
OttoGa [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jun 02, 2011 07:37 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Now using PhD7 on w10. So far no issues.
I would like to see:
The ability to Import/Merge existing projects.

• The ability to set default IPCT contact information that will
    be automatically applied at import time.

• When multiple photos selected, automatically propagate
    any manual changes made to all selected photos.

• The ability to open a new project without the need to relaunch the application.

• When openning a pre-existing project, present a list of recently openned projects for the user to optionally choose from.

• A close project function with an option to back up the up the project at the same time.

• Multiple back-up versions (user definable)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 27. 2015 19:08

Eastjack [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jul 20, 2015 21:47 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am a relatively new user and find two items that need to be addressed so far.

1 Need the ability to import a photo from a scanner.

2 Need to add a feather option to photo composer when adding clipped photo images

I am sure there will be other issues come up.
[Post New]
select/filter photos by EXIF (iso, lens, camera, etc. )
Terminal [Avatar]
Member Private Message Joined: Dec 30, 2015 22:38 Messages: 56 Offline
[Post New]
Looking for the INVERT button to, well, invert my negatives.

Scanner function missing.
Robert [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jun 01, 2016 08:28 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Doubt a 3 year old thread gets much attention anymore, plus there is a feedback option within the HELP menu on the application itself that you might be better off using.

Plenty of extra features they can add, but desperately need to improve the sliders on the Tone options. They are very 'rough' and over zealous compared to competitors out there, especially dark/darkest. And the support for files converted to DNG in lightroom is a massive problem. Without it you immediately repel potential users who would convert from lightroom. Without them, less money, less chance of enhancements for us users.
Magicbri [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Oct 15, 2012 13:37 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
I would like to see the ability to easily create cinemagraphs added to PhotoDirector.
buddiePhotographer [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Location: Scotland Joined: Oct 08, 2012 18:21 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I would like the ability of PD7 ... to actually work !!!, this would be a neat feature

I feel as if I have wasted my money upgrading to version 7, as it has not worked for months on end. I had and still have PD5, which seems to work fine with windows 10, however after I upgraded to windows 10, PD7 worked fine for several months, then with no change at all to my system, it simply hung, and never worked again .... it would load on, and the many buttons would all appear on the screen, however the library and pictures would not load, and none of the buttons would actually do anything.

I did raise a support ticket but got nowhere, in the end, so thought of uninstalling it and re-installing the programme, which also never worked. I used windows to uninstall the programme. My brother suggested that there might have been a rogue file "left behind" in the uninstall procedure. So I then tried another utility app I have and uninstalled it, then amazingly, when I reinstalled, it worked fine.

I had chosen to move some 35k photos from one drive to another on my PC, which unfortunately meant my library links/paths have been broken, so I painstakingly rebuilt most of them. I had got to the stage where I was happy with the images library, being back to where I wanted.

Then almost, predictably, just as I was happy with everything, I started to use the "manual stacking feature" to group the images into small bundles with each folder, when it hung again, despite re-botting the PC, I am faced with the buttons all appearing, no pictures and the buttons being unresponsive again.

To be honest, I am sick of PD7 being so flaky, it can have nothing to do with my system as PD5 works fine, and always has, my system has had no major updates at the time when PD7 decided to break.

I do like the programme, but it has been a waste of money, as I am not going to keep re-installing the programme every time it decides, it's had enough. This is one major reason, I will not be upgrading to 8, as I am not prepared to pay more money, for a product that does not work.

I will either, just stick with PD5, albeit I will miss the layers mode, it was handy to have and I did get some neat effects from it, or consider Light room.

I am afraid I am royally sick of PD7

so to repeat, what feature would i like to see? ... it working, would be a start !!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 22. 2016 11:05

BuddiePhotographer
TeeMan1 [Avatar]
Member Private Message Joined: Nov 03, 2014 01:41 Messages: 90 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Good suggestions, Alphamale.

Though PhotoDirector doesn't have all those features, I have used it quite extensively to "repair" old scanned photos that are scratched &/or grainy. Admittedly, a very time consuming task using Smart Patch/Wrinkle remover (similar tools) & Skin Smoother to soften the patches.

Just one example...

Members,

I'll make this thread sticky, so it remains at the top. Please feel free to add suggestions for improvements to PhotoDirector & I'll make sure that our ideas are promoted with the R&D team.

PIX

PIX:

I viewed your tutorial on Changing Colors in PHD from a couple years ago and it was very helpful. I do have two questions on this restoration that you did above. I have searched the forums and the web and can't find anything that answers my questions.

Question #1: I have a ton of old B&W photos that I need to restore for a project I'm working on. The Removal Tool works for the most part for knicks and drop outs as shown in your original photo above. I have not found another alternative. Is there a better to use for removing those type problems.

Question #2. A lot of my photos have a ton of scratches and creases from being mishandled over the years. I tried using the face wrinkle tool to clear up some of those and it help a little but not much. What is the best way to remove scratches that you have found?

Thanks,

TeeMan1 TeeMan
sactor [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jan 03, 2017 12:05 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Resize - we need it.

need to be able to resize within PhotDirector and then view the resized image and work further on it.

resizing on export is not good enough.

I can't believe this is still missing. I really don't like having to add Gimp or similar to my workflow just to adjust canvas size. I have a photo that has black area around it and I want to extend the black area further, but currently this very basic feature or missing or very well hidden. So far this is my biggest problem after switching from PS/LR to PhD.
TeeMan1 [Avatar]
Member Private Message Joined: Nov 03, 2014 01:41 Messages: 90 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Resize - we need it.

need to be able to resize within PhotDirector and then view the resized image and work further on it.

resizing on export is not good enough.

I can't believe this is still missing. I really don't like having to add Gimp or similar to my workflow just to adjust canvas size. I have a photo that has black area around it and I want to extend the black area further, but currently this very basic feature or missing or very well hidden. So far this is my biggest problem after switching from PS/LR to PhD.

SACTOR

I feel your pain. I've got Photoshop in my CS6 Suite but wanted a more simplistic workflow. A couple days ago after doing some research on the features I need that are not in PhotoDirector, I downloaded Corel's PaintShop Pro X9. Got it for $29 U.S. on Amazon as a download. It is a "FANTASTIC" yet "SIMPLE" piece of software. On of the most important features it has that I needed was a tool that was actually called "Scratch Removal". Imagine that!!! No having to supplement other tools trying to find the one I need. You might check it out as they have a trial version which after a couple hours playing around with pretty much made my decision to purchase for me.

TeeMan1

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 03. 2017 15:29

TeeMan
igal310 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Feb 14, 2017 17:05 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
option to create a collage!
kevin2015 [Avatar]
Member Private Message Joined: May 24, 2015 22:27 Messages: 69 Offline
[Post New]
Quote option to create a collage!

I second that request.

Also, please add Picture Incredible Text, like Photoshop Elements 15.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 02. 2017 10:37

Jonathan C [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jun 01, 2015 01:15 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
My suggestion of photodirector 9:

-block installer of photodirector 9 ultra for directorsuite live users to stays always on photodirector 9 essentials freeware, on trial/essentials version installer and on "Cyberlink Application Manager"

And for the freeware photod. 9 essentials others suggestions:

-multi antimalware engine for scan and repair/disinfect photos/videos/pdf touched by Locky/CryptoWall style ransomware

-possibility to import/retouch/modify pdf files and convert word/xls/ppt/pdf to photo and photo to pdf

-possibility take photo from webcam and go to manage this on Youcam 8 essentials

-and create diaporama video from multi pdf/txt/xls/office files and convert ppt presentation to video

Thanks...
gerritboer [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: May 23, 2017 09:14 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hello

I have downloaded a trial version of photodirector. I like the app but I am missing several professional functions like there are in lightroom and earlier in Aperture. a. making a full iptc preset when importing photo's. This is a must for professional work. It is a lot of work to do this after import. b. detecting wav audio files from camera. A must for press photography. c. searching in iptc description. d. managing your own shortcuts e. managing exportpresets (for example. Choosing your own mail app). f. changing filenames when developing. So you can export different photo's with different filenames in one time. Are these missing details only in the trial version?

Thanks for your answer

Gerrit
gerritboer [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: May 23, 2017 09:14 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 28. 2017 04:49

Reeltripp [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Jul 16, 2013 11:41 Messages: 46 Offline
[Post New]
Ability to change Date Taken ,This is now implemented in PHD8.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 16. 2017 13:19

Trekz [Avatar]
Member Private Message Joined: Oct 16, 2016 00:32 Messages: 67 Offline
[Post New]
Can you please add a save function for the HDR bracket specifically? Processing panoramas from mulitple images in different exposures will be easier with a save option. Thank you Cyberlink too for making a cost friendly photo editing program!
XConan8k [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Feb 01, 2018 01:10 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I think the fisheye is severly lacking. I taking photos with an 8mm opteka lens. When I try to defish, the lines are still curved. 2nd, the fisheye doesn't account for focus length of the lens being used as it doesn't have an option for 8mm, 14mm, etc and unknown fish eye focal length. Second, there is barrel pincushion adjustment that allows adjustment of perspective (vert, horiz, rotate, or scale), PhD rel 9 should study some of the cues from PTLens as they do a good job for defishing. However, looking at the overall not just a single tool.

In addition, I don't see any tool to export photos to resolution, limit file size or shink photos similar as the canon zoombrowser. Cause a lot of times, e-mails tend to limit file size, and you only send so many if one doesn't have google photos or dropbox or some type of storage service or for users who don't want to deal with online storage like flickr etc...

Anyways, these are my 2 peeves in PhD 9 for now, as I've just started using it after trying to give it a go since it was on sale.
Jutuiz [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Mar 10, 2014 14:58 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Autostacking of RAW file with the associated JPEG file as Lightoom does. Now PD treats them as two separate pictures.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 24. 2018 12:19

Jutuiz [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Mar 10, 2014 14:58 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
In library view we need a filter depending on the stars.

eg.
Every flagged picture that has "two stars or more".
Every green picture that had "one star of more"

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 24. 2018 12:18

Reply to this topic