Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Remove an Fx effect
pepegota [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 28, 2014 16:29 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
When I click right click on the i and select remove, I lose the whole clip. If I left click I get PIP. No simple way to do the obvious.
pepegota [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 28, 2014 16:29 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
Quote When I click right click on the i and select remove, I lose the whole clip. If I left click I get PIP. No simple way to do the obvious.

I found it. Use "Effects" on the screen to control it but, you cannot eliminate the effect from the list, just turn it off.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote When I click right click on the i and select remove, I lose the whole clip. If I left click I get PIP. No simple way to do the obvious.

Your technique will work as expected if the FX is placed on the FX track, but if it's applied directly to a clip, you'll need to use the Effect button above the timeline once you've selected the desired clip:

That's also where you would change any of the effect's settings, so it makes sense to disable or remove the effect from there, too.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Richard9909 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 12, 2011 08:19 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same problem removing an effect applied directly to a clip. I'm in the Edit mode and I have selected the clip with the effect. There is no Effect button appearing above the timeline as in your screenshot. I'm using PD 18 Ultra. Any suggestions?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
If you don't see the Effect button, then you either don't have an FX applied to that clip or it's selected along with one or more clips.

You should see that black square with an orange "i" at the leading edge of the clip, and when you hover over it with the mouse cursor, you'll see the effects that have been applied. If you don't have that indicator, there's no effect in place.

A screenshot or screen recording would be very helpful if you need more assitance

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Richard9909 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 12, 2011 08:19 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
I figured it out late last night. The Fade and Zoom feature is not an Effect in PD terminology. I still see the little square with the "i" inside and I see "Fade and Zoom" when hovering over the "i." However, I added Fade and Zoom by way of the Tools button above the timeline. By selecting the clip with the Fade and Zoom, and then clicking on Tools followed by Fade and Zoom, I returned to the large screen with many Fade and Zoom varieties. At the lower right corner of that screen are 3 buttons, one of which is Reset. Clicking Reset removed the Fade and Zoom from my clip. Problem solved.

Thanks for responding with suggestions.