Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Why do I get this message?
philwizzer123 [Avatar]
Member Location: Kent UK Joined: Dec 31, 2013 08:42 Messages: 62 Offline
[Post New]
Hi
I opened PD17 which I purchased in November 18 (not the subscription option) this morning and got a message that an update was available.

So I downloaded and on opening got this screen message

I don't understand why as I've paid for the software. Is there something wrong or have I missed something?

Thanks
[Thumb - save.PNG]
 Filename
save.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
splash
 Filesize
238 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
14 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jun 09. 2019 04:05

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I think there's a lot of missing info in your post. You said you bought PD17 in November, but you don't mention if you've used it before now. Your screen shot looks like it came from the website, perhaps after you've just download the trial version.

If you ever installed the trial version, either before you originally bought PD or just before you recieved this message, you should uninstall it before trying to install the paid version. Although some software can be upgraded from the trial version to the full version by entering the license code, the trial version of PD is completely different and has to be removed first.

You may also need to reinstall the full version. You should have recieved an email with the download links and your license code, but the downloads are only available for a limited time (unless you also bought the extended download option). If you still have the installer on your drive, you can launch it and get the correct version of PD17 running right away. Be sure to update it to the latest version!

If you no longer have the installer, you'll have to contact Cyberlink directly.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 09. 2019 17:22

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°