Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
starting project over, need to salvage good clips, what is the best way?
[Post New]
I am going to start over on my project, I have a trial coming up and dont have time to try to figure out where my phantom video is that keeps playing at the beginning of my video.

I am going to go through my clips and salvage what I can. They are highly edited fro the original, that is why I dont just use the original on the new project.

I researched what the best format was to use for DVD and learned all dvd was mpeg2.

I need to salvage the good clips for use on facebook and dvd.

Is the best way to do this to highlight a clip then export it to a folder to import into the new project?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 18. 2019 14:26

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Before you get too deep trouble shooting, first try closing PowerDirector, then turn off your computer, then restart the computer and PowerDirector. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
Quote Before you get too deep trouble shooting, first try closing PowerDirector, then turn off your computer, then restart the computer and PowerDirector.

I did, thanks. It didnt help.

I exported it to 264, and am working with that now, which isnt too bad really except the audio seems barely out of sync.

And I can't get the watermark off my videos, which I will post about tomorrow (I have reached my limit of posts for today).

I paid for a subscription, it looks like I will end up adding extra video to the front of my final timeloine that I can trim off after I export it, then have to use a third party dvd authoring program to make DVDs. Nice.

When I had my free thirty days tech support I spent hours on the phone with them and they couldnt figure out how to remove the watermark.

PD has been great for the most part, very intuitive but there are just two or three seemingly simple problems that keep me wondering if I should try another video authoring program
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Watermark on your produced videos could mean that you opened the trial version instead of the paid 365 version on your pc and started the video editing. Get rid of the trial version so that this does not happen again.
[Post New]
Quote Watermark on your produced videos could mean that you opened the trial version instead of the paid 365 version on your pc and started the video editing. Get rid of the trial version so that this does not happen again.

I did that. it didnt help.

and apparently I cant salvage any clips, I just did that, and produced a range, and it was out of sync. they all are.

Which tells me (I hoe I am wrong) that when I make new clips, they will be out of audio sync as well