Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can I capture in 16:9 instead of 4;3 ratio using a webcam in PD17?
[Post New]
I have googled this question and reworded it several times but can't find the answer. My project is in 16:9 and I just discovered the webcam capture from within PD and it is nice, but from what I cantel lits only in 4:3. Is this correct? I saw that I could crop it afterward but that just made the subject too big.
I also tried to find the answer in the Muvipix.com guide to PD 16 but could not find it. But if you have that book and its in there, please send a page reference.

thanks for your help
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
It's not a cut and dry answer, even though camera may support 16:9, PD may not. Best is to simply go to the "Profile" and "Settings" area on the lower right side of the capture window and see what PD has available for your particular webcam.

Jeff
[Post New]
Quote It's not a cut and dry answer, even though camera may support 16:9, PD may not. Best is to simply go to the "Profile" and "Settings" area on the lower right side of the capture window and see what PD has available for your particular webcam.

Jeff

I actually did that just "exploring", but I failed to click the drop down list.

So I appreciate your replying to my post. PD is intuitive for the most part, and I guess I shouldve figured out, but I didn't until you told me that was the place.

I'm good now thanks and thanks for helping other PDers in general