Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
HELP, Just bought PD 17 because my PD15 update failed, now PD17 wont respond either
PETER b [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 29, 2011 18:07 Messages: 39 Offline
[Post New]
Help,

I'm an experinced PD user having owned 4 versions with over 2700 video renders.

PD 15 has been slow so I did an update to get the newest patches (first time I did this) and the update caused the progroam to lock up on commands.

I fiqured it was time for an upgrade so I bought and installed PD 17 an hour ago. It is also unresponsive, freezing up when you do a commad, such as "File" to save the project, it can take 5 minutes before anything happens.

Any ideas?

Peter B.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 20. 2019 17:01

PETER b [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 29, 2011 18:07 Messages: 39 Offline
[Post New]
I did a sys restore and now PD15 is working again. I will try and reinstall PD17.

EDIT>>> I did the PD 17 reinstall and the program is unresponsive on commands. PD15 seems to be working ok.

Any ideas why PD17 is not working? And why the PD15 Update caused PD15 to unresponsive?

Quote Help,

I'm an experinced PD user having owned 4 versions with over 2700 video renders.

PD 15 has been slow so I did an update to get the newest patches (first time I did this) and the update caused the progroam to lock up on commands.

I fiqured it was time for an upgrade so I bought and installed PD 17 an hour ago. It is also unresponsive, freezing up when you do a commad, such as "File" to save the project, it can take 5 minutes before anything happens.

Any ideas?

Peter B.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 20. 2019 18:44

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Any ideas why PD17 is not working? And why the PD15 Update caused PD15 to unresponsive?

The best way for us to help is if you read the Read Me Before Posting sticky thread then follow the instructions to run the DxDiag test and attach the results here.

As mentioned in that thread, it would also help to have the exact version numbers you're expereincing the problem with. A screenshot of the version page would be ideal, as there is additional info contained in the logos shown there.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
pmikep [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Nov 26, 2016 22:51 Messages: 285 Offline
[Post New]
I had this happen to me once while in the middle of using Blender. Intermittent responsiveness. It turned out that my hard drive was failing.
Positiveme [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 21, 2019 04:10 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Did you do everything rigt according to the guidance?