Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Help with pan effect for videos.
[Post New]
I want to learn how to do a slow pan for a still video. Let's pretend you have a camera set up on a tripod and you want the screen to move and pan. Is there an effect that does it better than the crop/zoom tool?

Thanks
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I want to learn how to do a slow pan for a still video. Let's pretend you have a camera set up on a tripod and you want the screen to move and pan. Is there an effect that does it better than the crop/zoom tool?

Thanks
I would use the Motion tab in the PIP designer. Works great for still photos.

You can set any path you want to make the photo move in just about any direction.

You are limited by the size of the photo for how much you can move the photo within the frame.

Here is a old tutorial on using Key Frames and PIP Motion. The basics still apply.

https://youtu.be/4gPt7y6ipo0

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 12. 2019 22:01

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
I would use the Motion tab in the PIP designer. Works great for still photos.

You can set any path you want to make the photo move in just about any direction.

You are limited by the size of the photo for how much you can move the photo within the frame.

Here is a old tutorial on using Key Frames and PIP Motion. The basics still apply.

https://youtu.be/4gPt7y6ipo0

Thank you
patmoore1946 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 11, 2012 17:43 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
I struggled to find a video that would explain how to apply a Pan Effect to a video. The totorial videos I saw played too fast for me to follow. Eventually I figured out a way to do it on my own. There are probably better approaches but this one worked fairly well. Since it's inevitable that I'll forget how I did it, I created my own video. Maybe folks will find it helpful.