Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to migrate all my creations and custom templates from PDR16 to PDR17
[Post New]
Hello

I just today swithched over to the new PDR17 ultimate and so far I am a little frustrated. I am trying to move the 900+ custom motion objects, Titles, particles objects pips and so on into the PDR17 but none of my files carry the >DZP extention? Can someone tell me how to get my PDR16 stuff to load into the proper menus selections like PIP, Particles and so on? I can only migrate them into my media editing area but the file extentions are all PNG and other.

Thank you,

0311 Honor, Country and Corps
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Hmmm. The objects from the previous version(s) do not automatically show? They should.

My PD17 recognizes to customized and created titles, Particles, Strokes, Transfers from previous versions. The files are stored in the folder c:\users\<name>\Documents\Cyberlink\PowerDirector\
Depending on the versions you have used, you may find next to the 17.0 folder also a 16.0 folder (15.0 etc.).
Apparently PD scans all these folders and makes the objects available for use in PD17.

If your object files are somewhere else, you can always try and move them to the folder mentioned above. You have to make sure that you dont overwrite objects with the same sequence numbers. Renumbering these will do the trick.

Hope that this helps.

Warry
[Post New]
Quote Hmmm. The objects from the previous version(s) do not automatically show? They should.

My PD17 recognizes to customized and created titles, Particles, Strokes, Transfers from previous versions. The files are stored in the folder c:\users\<name>\Documents\Cyberlink\PowerDirector\
Depending on the versions you have used, you may find next to the 17.0 folder also a 16.0 folder (15.0 etc.).
Apparently, PD scans all these folders and makes the objects available for use in PD17.

If your object files are somewhere else, you can always try and move them to the folder mentioned above. You have to make sure that you don't overwrite objects with the same sequence numbers. Renumbering these will do the trick.

Hope that this helps.

Warry

The outstanding reply I did see that very same folder for PDR16 above the PDR17 folder I appreciate your help