Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Youtube Music Videos no longer playable
CyberSimon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 04, 2017 14:13 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

I use the YouTube play option in PowerDVD alot, mostly for playing music videos. In the last few days however, PowerDVD 18 has stopped being able to play these types of videos from YouTube.

PowerDVD will try to open the Music Video, and after about 8 seconds of showing the spinning bars icon, displays the error message shown in the attached image.

Other YouTube content does play ok.

If I try a few random non-music video clips from the default YouTube folder, they work fine, but not any Music video content.

Does anyone else have this issue?

UPDATE:

I just noticed the same issue is affecting Power2Go as well. Must be a change by YouTube affecting 3rd party tools?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 05. 2018 06:26

QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
I have similar issue as well, and just forwarded this issue to support.
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
It seems the new patch fixed the YouTube issue. fyi

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdvd-ultra/patches_en_US.html

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Oct 24. 2018 04:10

CyberSimon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 04, 2017 14:13 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Despite applying the latest October 2018 updates (my PowerDVD stands at version 18.0.2202.62) my original problem is still not resolved.

As before ONLY Music Videos from YouTube will not play. All other videos from YouTube work fine, so this must be YouTube API issue and not a local software or system configuration issue.

I am in the United Kingdom, which may be a factor if YouTube has applied regional restrictions to its own content in order to promote its other offerings such as YouTube Music etc.
mpreece [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 22, 2018 19:16 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am in the US and also still have this problem following the update.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 22. 2018 19:30

[Post New]
I still get asked to:

Please use Pop-up browser to sign in

and, no Pop-up ever appears for YouTube or Vimeo, leaving that whole section of PowerDVD 18 Ultra .. kinda useless.

I have turned in support requests a couple of times to no avail.
You'd have thought that something of this nature would have been handled in the latest update but, alas, not yet.

very frustrating

*still hoping for a fix

~Myr
LeRoy Douglas [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 20, 2018 05:29 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Had same problem,after octoder update was ok and was able to watch youtube music videos. Then about 2 weeks later i could not and still cannot. If we do not have that ability then they should stop advertising that powerdvd 18 or 17 play youtube videos. It was one of the reasons i purchased powerdvd.
Johann-Baptist [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 03, 2007 17:46 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I do get this annoying message when the music video comes with an advertising clip before it starts. As soon as I watched the ad in YouTube I can also play the video it in PowerDVD 18.
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Had same problem,after octoder update was ok and was able to watch youtube music videos. Then about 2 weeks later i could not and still cannot. If we do not have that ability then they should stop advertising that powerdvd 18 or 17 play youtube videos. It was one of the reasons i purchased powerdvd.

Hi.

There is a new patch that fixes this. I just tried it and it works. https://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdvd-ultra/patches_en_US.html

This happens because YouTube keeps changing their API, which means it breaks the connection for programs that use it, like PowerDVD.

Dave
Johann-Baptist [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi.

There is a new patch that fixes this. I just tried it and it works. https://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdvd-ultra/patches_en_US.html

This happens because YouTube keeps changing their API, which means it breaks the connection for programs that use it, like PowerDVD.

Dave

Hi Dave,
I've recently upgraded from PowerDVD 17 to PowerDVD 18 Version 2307.62, which should include the YouTube fix. However, the issue mentioned in my post (Dec 03, 2018 06:36) is real . I'm located in Germany.
Cheers,
Johann
Forum Moderator [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2018 01:01 Messages: 578 Offline
[Post New]
Johann,

These patch fixes are not available in the upgrade version. Users who upgrade from 17 need to apply this patch after installing the upgrade.

Please try downloading and installing the patch and see if it fixes the issue for you. If it doesn't, then contact CyberLink Technical Support:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Be sure to include your DXDiag.txt file if you do.

Cheers
PowerDVD Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 06. 2018 03:17

Please direct any sales or technical issues to CyberLink's customer support team:

Sales or installation related issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do

Software technical issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/sup
Johann-Baptist [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Johann,

These patch fixes are not available in the upgrade version. Users who upgrade from 17 need to apply this patch after installing the upgrade.

Please try downloading and installing the patch and see if it fixes the issue for you. If it doesn't, then contact CyberLink Technical Support:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Be sure to include your DXDiag.txt file if you do.

Cheers
PowerDVD Moderator

Hi,
thanks for the hint. I was sure to have the fix already due to the version-no 2307.62 and that the update check confirmed that no update are available. I find this a little bit confusing.
However, I appied the patch and it seems to work. I had one of these error messages (attached) since then, but this happend while the network was pretty busy and it could be a network congestion. So, thanks again and have a nice day, Johann
[Thumb - PowerDVD-YouTube.JPG]
 Filename
PowerDVD-YouTube.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
Error msg
 Filesize
73 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
97 time(s)
D16 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 21, 2019 21:40 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
January 21,2019: I am now unable to play any YouTube Music videos using PowerDVD 18 Ultra, but can watch other videos on YouTube. Also cannot pin any YouTube Music videos. I could play & pin all YouTube Music videos one week ago, but now they (Music videos) will not play or pin at all. Many other customers have also reported this repeated problem to CyberLink (PowerDVD 18 software is again being blocked by YouTube for all CyberLink customers who now cannot play or pin YouTube Music videos, once again). CyberLink Technical Support - Please provide a single permanent fix for PowerDVD 18 software instead of releasing multiple temporary fixes (which YouTube will just block over-and-over again in the future). I purchased new PowerDVD 18 Ultra from CyberLink only two weeks ago so I could watch and pin YouTube Music videos, but PowerDVD 18 Ultra no longer works as advertised just one week later!!! Please fix soon - Thank you. (I'm in the US)
Stephen_B [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 25, 2019 10:12 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I just got this program and installed the most recent patch (3/20/19) and it still doesn't play nice with Youtube.
Artiecon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 24, 2016 12:02 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Yesterday, this worked- today, I can play no youtube videos from youtube. Ones that I previously pinned, I can play, but the ones that show up when I have "Most Viewed" selected, will not play. The rotating bars rotate for 30 seconds or so, then the message that was displayed in the original poster appears. Sometimes, a small window also appears in the lower right which has a title "600%".

I tried installing the 2705 update, but it went through the motions of uninstalling the version, and installing the new version and I ended up with 2307. I did keep my personal settings when I updated.

If I wanted to use my internet browser to view videos, I wouldn't have paid money for a program to tell me to use an internet browser to view videos...

Edit: BTW, this was an upgrade from PowerDVD16 if that makes any difference

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 30. 2019 17:13

Simon Sez [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 10, 2016 23:24 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Is this happening on just PowerDVD18? Cause I have the patch, it worked fine but then months later it stopped playing anything on PowerDVD18. Anything on vimeo is playable but nothing from youtube.

Same with Power2Go 11. (nothing is transferrable on that program anymore.)

Will we need to update to the newest edition in order to get back the feature to play stuff on youtube through this player or will it happen on PowerDVD19 also?
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Is this happening on just PowerDVD18? Cause I have the patch, it worked fine but then months later it stopped playing anything on PowerDVD18. Anything on vimeo is playable but nothing from youtube.

Same with Power2Go 11. (nothing is transferrable on that program anymore.)

Will we need to update to the newest edition in order to get back the feature to play stuff on youtube through this player or will it happen on PowerDVD19 also?

This happens because YouTube changes the API (on purpose to prevent embedded playback) and happens in all versions periodically.

There is already a beta patch that can be installed to fix it: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/79184.page

Dave

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 11. 2019 23:35