Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Merging two continuous videos sound glitch help
Andrew_1957 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 26, 2018 06:29 Messages: 93 Offline
[Post New]
For some reason my camcorder mid recording a video of a band singing, split the recording into 2 videos, which although continuous gives a little sound blip on the split - being in the middle of a vocal its a nuisance

Is there anything I can do to lose this yet retain continuity ?

The video seems seamless but its the audio - but I cannot see how to edit this or what to do

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 27. 2018 06:26

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You need to join the two clips before placing them on the timeline. Using DOS makes it easy. See this post if you need more help: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/65474.page . I have posted the answer many times in the past.
Andrew_1957 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 26, 2018 06:29 Messages: 93 Offline
[Post New]
Quote You need to join the two clips before placing them on the timeline. Using DOS makes it easy. See this post if you need more help: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/65474.page . I have posted the answer many times in the past.

super thank you so much

regards
Wibbers1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 30, 2018 10:51 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello - I'm having exactly the same issue (also recording band performances) and have tried the DOS file merging method described above, but whilst I get a new file which is the same size as the two original files combined, the length is the same as the first original file (in this case 11'49") and the new file stops at the same point as the first file. Does anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong?

If it makes any difference I am using 2K GoPro files in mp4 format.

Many thanks for your help!
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
I am always wondering, that it seems to work for some files.
As I wrote in April 2018:

Quote I wondered that it works for mp4 files. With the provided DOS command, two binary files are concatenated.
The movie files usually contain a header and then the data.

So normally: Header-Data
Two files concatenated: Header1-Data1-Header2-Data2
That is not a valid movie file.

For mp4, it seems to work, why-o-ever. For mov not.

It is better to use programs (like PD) to concat movie files. If there are problems, there are many programs, that can do the job. For the Sony FDR-AX53 it's name is PlayMemories.

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080