Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Multicam not showing in preview properly when selecting video
Andrew_1957 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 26, 2018 06:29 Messages: 93 Offline
[Post New]
I usually have one complete video clip, and two separate clips recorded at different times when capturing my friends music band playing.

When editing and selecting which clip to use (after first audio synching them) the video playing in the main large preview window is always slightly out of synch resulting in my have to try and make educated guesses as to when to switch between clips, based on the audio track solely.

My PC is quite a reasonable specification, so I'm at a loss as to why this might be.

I would add that when I have finished the editing and it switches back to PD16 and I play it back from there prior to producing, the audio to visual synch is fine - it literally is only a problem when editing / selecting the respective clips to use in multicam
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
The lagging between audio and video is a common problem if you are running a high resolution preview.

If you will lower the preview resolution to the point where the sync problem disapears, you will be much happier.
Preview does not effect the final output, which is why when you produce, you get a in sync video.

On my system, if I set the preview to "High" or lower, all problems in preview go away. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Andrew_1957 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The lagging between audio and video is a common problem if you are running a high resolution preview.

If you will lower the preview resolution to the point where the sync problem disapears, you will be much happier.
Preview does not effect the final output, which is why when you produce, you get a in sync video.

On my system, if I set the preview to "High" or lower, all problems in preview go away.

Many thanks for this I will try it tomorrow - is it easy to lower the resolution Im not sure how to
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Setting you preview is very easy.

See image.

[Thumb - Set Preview resolution.png]
 Filename
Set Preview resolution.png
[Disk]
 Description
How to set preview resolution
 Filesize
63 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
10 time(s)
Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Andrew_1957 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Setting you preview is very easy.

See image.

excellent thank you for solving this problem for me