Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 15 suddenly stopped playing blu-rays
mike2018 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 26, 2015 15:49 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi -

(i have this same question in to cyberstink 'tech support', but have yet to get a response. surprise surprise surprise)

all of a sudden, apparently just after the last Windows update, but i cannot be sure, PowerDVD 15 (for which i payed extra for blu-ray support) stopped playing blu-rays. DVDs play fine, no tested blu-rays work, including those played successfully in the past.

i do not have a full set of details - it is my daughter's computer, and she's special needs so has trouble explaining things sometimes.

the expected response from 'tech support' is "upgrade to the latest version" to which my response is "NO!!!". i paid for this, i want it to work.

i have installed the latest PDVD patch, no help.

Symptoms:
put blu-ray in (external USB) blu-ray drive
open PowerDVD
in the source selection tree on the left, it displays the drive letter of the player and the name of the movie
click/double-click the movie drive: in the upper right corner of the box containing the 'tree', a circle of radial lines appears, rotates a (long) while, then goes away
main ('screen') window shows disc contents, no movie.

same happens if i try to play from file manager by right-clicking and choosing 'play with powerdvd 15'

thoughts?