Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Import m2ts - best format to produce?
ecs1749 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 06, 2012 15:07 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
My camcorder produces video using the m2ts format. I have no trouble importing them into PD 14. But what format should I use in order to create a good high density video? I only see the following formats: avi, mpeg-2, windows media, quicktime, h.264AVC, h.265HEVC, and XAVC 5. I tried a few formats but the output qualities are not very good.

What happened to mp4 format? It was one of the choices in previous version of PD (I am using v14).

Thank you.
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
It is best to produce projects using the closest possible match to the original material. If you click on h.264 you will see M2TS just below. However, if you click on m2ts, a list will appear giving the option to use MP4 Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
ecs1749 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 06, 2012 15:07 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Quote It is best to produce projects using the closest possible match to the original material. If you click on h.264 you will see M2TS just below. However, if you click on m2ts, a list will appear giving the option to use MP4

Yes, that works. Thanks