Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
don't understand PiP objects
JoeZ99 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 12, 2014 08:05 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
I know that it means picture in picture but the full possibility of this feature escapes me. I'd love to see examples. I've created a simple example of a video of myself kayaking put within a frame within a photo- the photo was taken in one of the big art museums in NYC. My wife is standing there staring at the - what was some famous painting- but I put my video over the frame. And I suppose it's possible to have many frames with videos in them- and have the frames moving around- but I need to see examples. My little video is at: https://vimeo.com/116345679. The options within the PiP room aren't obvious what to do with them. I can experiment and will but seeing some videos would help a lot.

Also, does this web site have a section with links to member's videos? It would be very helpful. If so, I haven't found it yet. Or maybe people just put their work on YouTube, Vimeo and other sites?

thanks,
Joe
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Joe, You may get better answers if you had posted in the part of the forum for the program version you are using. Currently you posted this in the PowerDVD part of the forum. PowerDVD is a player. You want one of the PowerDirector forums.

In the meantime, look at this tutorial There are a lot of good tutorials in the Learning Center. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
stevek is right that this post needs to go in the PowerDirector forum for the best responses.

It looks like that you did well placing the video below the track with the still photo and resizing it. To place a new video on the left frame showing in the photo just place it on the next lower track and resize it.
JoeZ99 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 12, 2014 08:05 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Joe, You may get better answers if you had posted in the part of the forum for the program version you are using. Currently you posted this in the PowerDVD part of the forum. PowerDVD is a player. You want one of the PowerDirector forums.

In the meantime, look at this tutorial There are a lot of good tutorials in the Learning Center.

Stevek, oops--- I know better and wasn't paying attention. I actually thought I was posting to the version forum. I'll do that and I'll check out the Learning Center.

thanks!
Joe