Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Multi trim audio track
Andrew_1957 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 26, 2018 06:29 Messages: 93 Offline
[Post New]
Is there anyway of multi trimming an audio track where it has not been merged to the main video yet ?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Is there anyway of multi trimming an audio track where it has not been merged to the main video yet ?
Yes, if you use a real audio editor.

Audio Director, WaveEditor, Audacity, or other audio editor. PowerDirector is not an audio editor, its focus is on Video. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Andrew_1957 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 26, 2018 06:29 Messages: 93 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Is there anyway of multi trimming an audio track where it has not been merged to the main video yet ?
Yes, if you use a real audio editor.

Audio Director, WaveEditor, Audacity, or other audio editor. PowerDirector is not an audio editor, its focus is on Video.

I linked from Photo Director across to Audio Director and could not see a way to multi trim hence going back to the source program which was being used and asking the question

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 22. 2018 15:41

Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
I don't know, what you mean by "multi trimming".
If called from PowerDirector, the currently selected audio clip is made available for editing. You cannot call AudioDirector, if you have more than one clip selected in PowerDirector.
But if you start AudioDirector 'standalone', you can add more audio clips at the same time.
Trimming is done in the "Mix" tab. Drag the clip (audio/video) to the timeline.

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080