Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Zoomed Video/Clip Within a Vdeo
IanG [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 04, 2017 11:48 Messages: 51 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Everyone,

I am convinced that what I would like to see in my video project is possible --- but I just can't seem to make it happen.

I'd be grateful if someone out there would (a) point me in the right direction, or (b) tell me to stop wasting my time.

The video is produced from a static camera.

From the attached image (used only for illustrative purposes and with the building NOT being relative to my video) can be seen a yellow rectangle in the lower right section of the image.

In the upper left region there is a slightly larger green rectangle.

I am trying to configure my video to display an enlarged view of everything/anything that is happening in the yellow rectangle location simultaneously in the green rectangle. (The rectangles are optional)

Many thanks,

Ian

PS -- I am using PD-16.
[Thumb - Cyberlink_Castle_19022018.jpg]
 Filename
Cyberlink_Castle_19022018.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
366 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I am convinced that what I would like to see in my video project is possible --- but I just can't seem to make it happen. I'd be grateful if someone out there would (a) point me in the right direction, or (b) tell me to stop wasting my time.
Easy enough to do. Place the same video clip aligned in both track 1 and track 2. Use PiP designer to make an enlarged section of the lower right portion of the video in track 2 and move it to the upper left. Use a mask and move it to the upper left. Uncheck maintain Aspect ratio and adjust the mask. See the attached screenshot result.

This should get you started.
[Thumb - SnapShot(7).jpg]
 Filename
SnapShot(7).jpg
[Disk]
 Description
PiP enlarged video of lower right placed in upper left.
 Filesize
176 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
13 time(s)
IanG [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 04, 2017 11:48 Messages: 51 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I am convinced that what I would like to see in my video project is possible --- but I just can't seem to make it happen. I'd be grateful if someone out there would (a) point me in the right direction, or (b) tell me to stop wasting my time.
Easy enough to do. Place the same video clip aligned in both track 1 and track 2. Use PiP designer to make an enlarged section of the lower right portion of the video in track 2 and move it to the upper left. Use a mask and move it to the upper left. Uncheck maintain Aspect ratio and adjust the mask. See the attached screenshot result.

This should get you started.

Hi tomasc,

Yet again you have helped me out.

Your instructions were perfect and the result is just what I wanted.

My grateful thanks once again.

Ian