Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Complete re install of PD-9 Ultra up to PD13 Ultimate suite
skymaster123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 23, 2012 18:46 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I have received files from Cyberlink to re install Powerdirector 13. I am in the process of installing the software. My computer is a desktop windows 7 64 bit. The PD-9 was defaulted to my C:\program files\Cyberlink. When I continued to install Director Suite 1, it wanted to place it into C:\program files (x86)\Cyberlink. Is this ok or do all files associated with PD have to be in the same location
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
Which version of PD 13 have you been given? Program Files (x86) is for 32-bit applications. If your version of PD is 64-bit it should go in Program Files.

As long as the PD13 is a complete installation and not an upgrade the two versions should co-exist and not share files. Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64
skymaster123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Which version of PD 13 have you been given? Program Files (x86) is for 32-bit applications. If your version of PD is 64-bit it should go in Program Files.

As long as the PD13 is a complete installation and not an upgrade the two versions should co-exist and not share files.

how can I tell if it is a 32 bit vs 64 bit
skymaster123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Which version of PD 13 have you been given? Program Files (x86) is for 32-bit applications. If your version of PD is 64-bit it should go in Program Files.

As long as the PD13 is a complete installation and not an upgrade the two versions should co-exist and not share files.

how can I tell if it is a 32 bit vs 64 bit

I have started with PD 9 Ultra 64, which installed to the program files directory.
now I’m upgrading to Director Suite, which wants to install to program files (x86)
then I will be upgrading to PD 13 Ultimate Suite
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
You need to be more specific about what it is you're doing. You said nothing about Director Suite in your original post. An upgrade will overwrite an existing installation, retaining existing folders and files where necessary. In that case the original PD9 would no longer exist.

If you don't have the information from the source of the download the only way I know is to look at the version information once it is running. However, since the installer is trying to install it into Program Files (x86) and appears to be doing so without generating any error messages my guess would be that it is not an upgrade but a new full 32-bit installation.

As a matter of interest you can see from my signature that I have 64-bit versions of both PD9 and PD13 installed. They are totally independant because I purchased them on boxed optical media so they're both full installations.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 11. 2018 11:17

Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
skymaster123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You need to be more specific about what it is you're doing. You said nothing about Director Suite in your original post. An upgrade will overwrite an existing installation, retaining existing folders and files where necessary. In that case the original PD9 would no longer exist.

If you don't have the information from the source of the download the only way I know is to look at the version information once it is running. However, since the installer is trying to install it into Program Files (x86) and appears to be doing so without generating any error messages my guess would be that it is not an upgrade but a new full 32-bit installation.

As a matter of interest you can see from my signature that I have 64-bit versions of both PD9 and PD13 installed. They are totally independant because I purchased them on boxed optical media so they're both full installations.

I had purchased PD 9 Ultra 64 off the shelf
I then upgraded to PD 10 Deluxe
I then upgraded to PD Suite
I then upgraded to PD 13 Ultimate Suite in Oct of 2014
Last Oct I had a Hard Drive failure and lost most everything

I have replaced All my programs( Home Recording studio and associated programs, quite extensive) with no problem from the venders. The last program to restore is Powerdirector. I have been emailing back and forth for the past month nearly. The problem I`m having is that the PD 13 Ultimate Suite is not recognizing the my Product key. The last instruction I got from Cybelink was to uninstall everything and then reinstall all the files and program updates starting with PD9 Ultra that they re sent to me. All the installs went smoothly up until it came to entering the Product key for PD13 Ultimate Suite. I have to say that dealing with Cyberlink has been no picnic.

The files they sent were:
PDR9 ULTRA64 2316
Upgrade to Director Suite and associated RAR files part 1-11
Upgrade to PowerDirector 13 Ultimate Suite from Power Director Ultra and it`s associated RAR files 1-3

If you have any ideas that would be much appreciated
Fenman
[Post New]
Based on what you've said I would expect the PD13 upgrade to install in Program Files, in the folders where the earlier versions reside. The fact that it's offering to install in Program Files (x86) suggests to me that it's the wrong version and this may have some bearing on why it's not accepting the product key.

Other than that I'm afraid I'm out of ideas. I'm sorry I couldn't be more help. Hopefully one of the real experts on this forum will see this topic and offer some insights. Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
skymaster123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Based on what you've said I would expect the PD13 upgrade to install in Program Files, in the folders where the earlier versions reside. The fact that it's offering to install in Program Files (x86) suggests to me that it's the wrong version and this may have some bearing on why it's not accepting the product key.

Other than that I'm afraid I'm out of ideas. I'm sorry I couldn't be more help. Hopefully one of the real experts on this forum will see this topic and offer some insights.

thanks, I’ll mention this to cyberlink
[Post New]
Quote Based on what you've said I would expect the PD13 upgrade to install in Program Files, in the folders where the earlier versions reside. The fact that it's offering to install in Program Files (x86) suggests to me that it's the wrong version and this may have some bearing on why it's not accepting the product key.

Other than that I'm afraid I'm out of ideas. I'm sorry I couldn't be more help. Hopefully one of the real experts on this forum will see this topic and offer some insights.

--------------------------------------------------
Hello, USMC0311 here. New to the Forum but have owned PDR6 and was pretty much forced to upgraded to PDR9 with Wave editor due to the end of life support for PDR6 I was pretty excited and figured 3 generations/versions of software development and all the sales hype you see now that the platform wouldn't have the same problems running along side other common applications and software programs. So they recommend running it alone same issues.

Regarding the creation of slideshows with PDR9 and the many & varied templates that are available do not mean much if they are unreliable, unstable or do not function in my PDR9 I cannot get past the selection and placement of my slides whether its a few or many, with or without any of the desired transitions or effects. This due to a repeatable error in the program that crashes EVERY time I selct the "Slideshow" tab after populating my timeline with my images or titles. Very frustrating. I Ilready have a support ticket with techs at Cyberlink but unfortunetly no solutions offered, just the laundry list of requested data and images they needed to address my issues. Do you have any information or knowledge of others with this issue/ Windows 7 64 bit, 6 GB Ram, 600 Gb HDD Internal, w/External 1TB, Intel Core I5 460M prosessors, Switchable Graphics /AMD 6300 M Series Graphics card w/intel HD Graphics with updated drivers. I would really like to finish a family video/slideshow and cannot. I have made over 30 shows for numerous events and family occasions with PDR6 but I am ready to dump Cyberlink and PDR9 software unless somebody can help me with a fix or work around.

Your input or feedback along with others in this forum regarding my issues would be greatly appreciated

Thank you,
USMC0311
Semper Fi Honor, Country and Corps
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
USMC0311 - You need to start a new topic post as you have hijacked 3 old posts and asked the same question each time. This is against the forum rules at the top of each forum. To answer your question here would be to encourage hijacking other's post. Only then can the answer be given. You are better off buying the latest version of PD16 if you want,
[Post New]
Quote USMC0311 - You need to start a new topic post as you have hijacked 3 old posts and asked the same question each time. This is against the forum rules at the top of each forum. To answer your question here would be to encourage hijacking other's post. Only then can the answer be given. You are better off buying the latest version of PD16 if you want,

Wow, that was certainly not my intention. And to accuse me of hijacking another post is rather brash so now every member of this forum will regard me as such since you have labeled me a "hijacker". I may have missed that bit of information when I read the pink colored "read me" posted at the beginning of this platform. But I think a reply along the lines of please start a new thread and please do not post your question more than once would have been more professional. I see you're a senior contributor and as an end user your reply was not very encouraging.

I will certainly refrain from such activities or attempts to reach out for advice or assistance in the future.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. It was a pleasure hearing from you today. My mistake, my apologies for being so ignorant.

USMC 0311 Honor, Country and Corps