Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Intermittant soundwave graphic display
AlanR47
Senior Member Location: Norfolk UK Joined: Dec 08, 2017 05:01 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
Just an irritating point - but has anyone else had this issue with PD16?

Some clips sound graphic display correctly - others do not. All from same camera same event same day so puzzled as to why some do show and some do not

Just saved and reloaded PD16 and all seem to have come back - strange.
Peter Podder
Member Location: Long Island, N.Y. Joined: Dec 03, 2016 16:13 Messages: 116 Offline
[Post New]
YES.

And I havent found a solution to it. I also have not submitted a ticket because the problem is so inconsistant. I am working on a project right now that was shot with the same camera, same day, etc. All footage imported into the library. When I bring the first few clips into the timeline to edit all is fine and waves are visible. I edit those then bring the next clips down and no waves on those. ???

Someone said you have to wait until all thumbnails load before doing anything...I have tried that as well and sometimes they appear and sometimes not. So....I dont have an answer but wanted to let you know you are not alone. There are others that have this issue as well. ____________________________________

Dell Precision M4700 i7-3840QM 2.80 GHz
16gb ram , NVIDIA Quadro K2000M GPU
Samsung 850 EVO 1tb SSD , 500 gb HDD ,

AlanR47
Senior Member Location: Norfolk UK Joined: Dec 08, 2017 05:01 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
Quote YES.

And I havent found a solution to it. I also have not submitted a ticket because the problem is so inconsistant. I am working on a project right now that was shot with the same camera, same day, etc. All footage imported into the library. When I bring the first few clips into the timeline to edit all is fine and waves are visible. I edit those then bring the next clips down and no waves on those. ???

Someone said you have to wait until all thumbnails load before doing anything...I have tried that as well and sometimes they appear and sometimes not. So....I dont have an answer but wanted to let you know you are not alone. There are others that have this issue as well.

Thank you - as you say too intermittant to log as a bug, but reload did it for me - in a mad panic something usually works - refreshing - in and out of sound editor - visiting both ends of the project - I've seldom (if ever) been left stranded with no waveform and no I can't categorically state what worked and when. smile or even why sealed