CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
New PC - How do I transfer the program?
Reply to this topic
patmoore1946 [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Joined: Dec 11, 2012 17:43 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
I sent a request to Cyberlink several days ago but didn't get a response.

My PC (with PowerDirector 17 installed) has been diagnosed with a bad motherboard. It only boots up once in every dozen tries. I bought a new PC and I'l like to transfer my program to the new PC. I can't figure out how to do it. Can anyone help?
patmoore1946 [Avatar]
[Post New]
This is really getting frustrating. I've tried registering with Cyberlink's support service and they say they've sent me a registration link but it never went through. Ivhecked the spam filter too with no results. When I tried to register again it says the email has already been used.

I need to do a project with PowerDirector and I'm stuck. If I can boot up the defective machine one more time I'll be happy to uninstall the program but how do I reinstall it on my new machine???? I bought the software in August.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 5793 Offline
[Post New]
I have typed 2 responses. This forum timed out both times.

You need to post this in one of the PowerDirector forums to get the best response. I don’t have PD17. Maybe they will have it in October this year. PowerDirector of any version needs to be installed like you did on the failing pc.

If the downloaded installation files are still on the old pc then simply power it up and transfer them to say a usb drive for use on the new pc.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 21. 2018 16:18

patmoore1946 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I have typed 2 responses. This forum timed out both times.

You need to post this in one of the PowerDirector forums to get the best response. I don’t have PD17. Maybe they will have it in October this year. PowerDirector of any version needs to be installed like you did on the failing pc.

If the downloaded installation files are still on the old pc then simply power it up and transfer them to say a usb drive for use on the new pc.

Thanks for the response. My version is 15, not 17. I was confused.

In any event, I deleted the download files shortly after the purchase. I still have the email confirmation but clicking the link says the download is no longer valid.

Hopefully customer service will get back with me soon. I've left them two messages.
patmoore1946 [Avatar]
[Post New]

In any event, I deleted the download files shortly after the purchase. I still have the email confirmation but clicking the link says the download is no longer valid.

Hopefully customer service will get back with me soon. I've left them two messages.

Eureka! I discovered that I had backed up the installation files on an external hard drive. I was able to reinstall the program on the new machine. Thanks for the help!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 5793 Offline
[Post New]
That is great that you have the installation files in a backup. Don't have to wait for a Cyberlink response anymore.
KENBRA [Avatar]
Newbie Private Message Location: SEATTLE WASHINGTON Joined: Dec 23, 2010 01:01 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
i

im waiting also with no response
Reply to this topic