Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
NewBlue Video Essentials VII will not activate. No help from Cyberlink CS
BrutalMilo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 29, 2017 23:18 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I recently purchased the above listed package for PD16 however when I attempt to activate I am presented with the following error.
I have manualy and copy/paste the key in several times over the course of two week and the same error pops up again and again. I have attempted to contact support and their response times leave alot to be desired to the point I had to wait two week before getting a reply. The reply I received was making sure the key must have not been typed in correctly and that I need to know the difference between a 5 and a S. This response really irked me that I am thought that I am not smart enough to know the difference a number and a letter. What is the typical turnaround time for Cyberlink CS to resolve a simple issue in everyone experience? I have shelled out couple hundred dollars on their products during the current sale and only have run into this one key not activating. I am currently 3 weeks after purchasing that I still unable to use said product.

Thanks for your time

Milo
[Thumb - 2018-01-13 10_57_57-2018-01-13 10_46_51-Date and Time_obfuscated.png]
 Filename
2018-01-13 10_57_57-2018-01-13 10_46_51-Date and Time_obfuscated.png
[Disk]
 Description
key error
 Filesize
228 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
16 time(s)
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Milo -

Yes - there are some issues with NewBlue FX activation, but I'm not sure that your screenshot from Vegas Movie Studio is very helpful laughing

The trouble is, the issue is not consistent for all users... that makes it difficult to pinpoint a solution. For example, I posted a table showing which NewBlue FX were/weren't activated in PDR16 on my system. Others have reported that it's not the same in their PDR.

Is this a new installation of PDR, or have you used previous versions too? Was NewBlue FX VII supplied with PDR (it comes with Director Suite & Ultimate Suite) or have you purchased it separately?

Clearly, it shouldn't be like this!

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
JocelynL [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 10, 2018 18:36 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
I bought Director Suite 6. The Video Elements Essentials I and VII are included in the install and activated by defaut. I don't have to manage the activation.

I bought Video Elements Essentials 2, 3 and 6 (bought yesterday) directly from NewBlueFx on their Vault Page and every plugin have to be activate with their serial numbers.

Maybe, it's an issue with Ultimate PD bought alone.
BrutalMilo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 29, 2017 23:18 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Milo -

Yes - there are some issues with NewBlue FX activation, but I'm not sure that your screenshot from Vegas Movie Studio is very helpful laughing

The trouble is, the issue is not consistent for all users... that makes it difficult to pinpoint a solution. For example, I posted a table showing which NewBlue FX were/weren't activated in PDR16 on my system. Others have reported that it's not the same in their PDR.

Is this a new installation of PDR, or have you used previous versions too? Was NewBlue FX VII supplied with PDR (it comes with Director Suite & Ultimate Suite) or have you purchased it separately?

Clearly, it shouldn't be like this!

Cheers - Tony

Tony

Thanks for the reply. This installation was purchased after buying PD16 couple weeks ago during the Cyberlink sale of all NewBlue products. Yes and sorry the screenshot is from Vegas 15 Pro but is from the OFX NewBlue version not the Cyberlink NewBlue installation. I chose the OFX as I can use the product between the two NLE's and did try the Cyberlink install .exe and same error was present on the version as well. I am good to go now only in part I had to go to NewBlue and have them validate the SN was valid. They did something on their backend and only then was I able to get this activated. FYI to anyone else having these issues it would be best to go directly to NewBlue and open a ticket as Cyberlink will no doubt takes weeks to respond to your issue if at all resolve it.

Thank you
Milo

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 13. 2018 19:32