Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Change space bar function for pause and timeline?
FrancoisT [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 26, 2010 15:03 Messages: 115 Offline
[Post New]
I'm trying to get used to this program after using Vegas for some years. One thing I'm having a problem with is when I'm editng in the timeline. When I hit space it pauses. What I found more useful was to go back to exactly where playback started. In other words if I moved the cursor to start at 1:30 and it played for some seconds it would go back to 1:30 when I hit space. Is there a way to do this here? Thanks
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Try this: Go to Preferences/Editing/ Check Return to the clip… Hit OK.
FrancoisT [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Try this: Go to Preferences/Editing/ Check Return to the clip… Hit OK.

Great! Looking forward to trying that out in the next days. Thanks!
FrancoisT [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Try this: Go to Preferences/Editing/ Check Return to the clip… Hit OK.

Great! Looking forward to trying that out in the next days. Thanks!

I looked at that setting but it was already checked. Is there another way to do this? Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 13. 2018 17:19

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
This software is not Sony Vegas.
Try this: Go to Preference/Editing/ Uncheck Switch to movie mode auto… Anytime you highlight a clip, hit the spacebar and it will play to the end of the clip and return to the start of the clip.
Peter Podder
Member Location: Long Island, N.Y. Joined: Dec 03, 2016 16:13 Messages: 116 Offline
[Post New]
Quote This software is not Sony Vegas.
Try this: Go to Preference/Editing/ Uncheck Switch to movie mode auto… Anytime you highlight a clip, hit the spacebar and it will play to the end of the clip and return to the start of the clip.

if you do this as Tomasc suggested , split the clip at 1:30 then you can use the spacebar to play/pause and HOME key to return to 1:30

I believe that is what you want to accomplish. ____________________________________

Dell Precision M4700 i7-3840QM 2.80 GHz
16gb ram , NVIDIA Quadro K2000M GPU
Samsung 850 EVO 1tb SSD , 500 gb HDD ,

FrancoisT [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote This software is not Sony Vegas.

if you do this as Tomasc suggested , split the clip at 1:30 then you can use the spacebar to play/pause and HOME key to return to 1:30

I believe that is what you want to accomplish.

Thanks for your comments. I'm not great at these video editing programs. I was getting the hang of Vegas but PD16 has some features I would like so I'm trying to switch. I generally use these programs to edit live music videos. Practices, little gigs etc. Often I want to cut some of it out but keep in time. That requires a lot of trial and error to find just the right spots to punch in and out. I had hoped to avoid having to set markers or split the track every time I try one spot. Sometimes you have to just try one , if it's wrong move it over a little, over and over. So setting a bunch or markers or splits only requires adding many steps. Hitting "home" goes back to the start of the clip not to where I started playback. I'm just asking if someone knows how to set a shortcut so it simply returns to where I started playback, which could be anywhere without splitting the clip. For example, in another program "space" does that and "enter" pauses.