Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Importing multi audio stream video in PD16..
Cartof [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 11, 2017 06:12 Messages: 41 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, anyone knows if we're gonna get a multi audio stream import feature until PD17 is released..? I would like to be able to import my GeForce Experience Shadowplay gaming videos with two audio streams (game + mic) straight into PD16..
Thanks!
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello, anyone knows if we're gonna get a multi audio stream import feature until PD17 is released..? I would like to be able to import my GeForce Experience Shadowplay gaming videos with two audio streams (game + mic) straight into PD16..
Thanks!

PowerDirector does not load multiple audio streams.
You have to demultiplex your videofile and load the streams separately.
Demultiplexers are fast and should be free of charge.
Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,
If you have Director Suite or PowerDirector Ultimate Suite, AudioDirector can do this.
David
Hatti
Contributor Location: Bonn, Germany Joined: Feb 21, 2017 15:54 Messages: 576 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello,
If you have Director Suite or PowerDirector Ultimate Suite, AudioDirector can do this.
David

Really? How? I didn't find out. Please tell.

Hatti Win 10 64, i7-4790k, 32GB Ram, 256 GB SSD, SATA 2TB, SATA 4TB, NVidia GTX1080 8GB, LG 34" 4K Wide, AOC 24" 1080
Cartof [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for your responses guys.
My workflow will be this:

1. Any gameplay without microphone commentary (usually long - around one hour) i will import and process with PD16.

2. Any commented gameplay (maximum 25 minutes..) will go in Vegas Pro 15 which can handle the second audio track just fine.

From my tests PD16 encodes TWICE AS FAST than VP15 at similar produce/render settings !

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 19. 2017 15:41

CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,
OK, there are two different things I think we are talking about. So please let me know if we are on the same pages.

If you have a video file with say 5.1 audio (so 6 audio tracks), then you can import that file into AudioDirector and see all 6 tracks.

These tracks can be edited in AudioDirector and then imported back into PowerDirector. See this post for a screenshot of that:
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/64520.page#post_box_294149

If you have a video file that has multiple audio streams, like some discs do for languages, you can switch between the audio streams in PowerDirector. See the attached image audiostreams.jpg for a screenshot of switching between the audio streams.

Now if you have the latter, you can just import the video twice, switch the audio stream on one of them, unlink the audio and then remove the video on the second track.

The video file formats that support this are MKV and WTV I believe. It says on the spec list:
https://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-ultra/spec_en_US.html
Please let me know if this is what you are asking, or if I missed something.

David
[Thumb - audiostreams.jpg]
 Filename
audiostreams.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
137 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
98 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 19. 2017 21:08

Cartof [Avatar]
[Post New]
If you have a video file that has multiple audio streams, like some discs do for languages, you can switch between the audio streams in PowerDirector. See the attached image audiostreams.jpg for a screenshot of switching between the audio streams.

Now if you have the latter, you can just import the video twice, switch the audio stream on one of them, unlink the audio and then remove the video on the second track.

That is interesting.. I already mentioned my sources are GeForce Experience (Shadowplay) AVC H.264 files with dual audio streams (game + voice/mic) and i am trying to cut to the fewer steps in the workflow.
So i will still use PD16 for no-commentary-long videos and Vegas Pro 15 for short commented videos due to the easier import/edit workflow.
Vlahka [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 08, 2016 08:02 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello,
OK, there are two different things I think we are talking about. So please let me know if we are on the same pages.

If you have a video file with say 5.1 audio (so 6 audio tracks), then you can import that file into AudioDirector and see all 6 tracks.

These tracks can be edited in AudioDirector and then imported back into PowerDirector. See this post for a screenshot of that:
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/64520.page#post_box_294149

The video file formats that support this are MKV and WTV I believe. It says on the spec list:
https://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-ultra/spec_en_US.html
Please let me know if this is what you are asking, or if I missed something.

David

Can anyone help me with the above. I have a video file with dual audio streams and I cant manage to switch between the 2 in PD14. I've done it before but now that I want to do it again I cant seem to find the option or something and the above links dont seem to work anymore. If anyone knows how to do this I'd appreciate some help.