Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Moving chapter markers automatically when clips are deleted
Midimannz [Avatar]
Newbie Location: New Zealand Joined: Aug 28, 2013 19:18 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
hello friends,

is there a way to make the chapter markers move in sync with clips on the timeline?

I often add clips (or delete clips) and must rearrange chapter markers every time.

this seems inefficient

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 13. 2017 01:40

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
At this time, no, the chapter markers do not follow the "chosen" frame or chapter point. It is a quirk that could use an update, no doubt, but the suggestion thread for PD17 is now closed. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Myk
Senior Member Location: The Hartland of Michigan Joined: Feb 05, 2015 16:09 Messages: 205 Offline
[Post New]
I've found that they can mysteriously move a few/several seconds on the timeline all by themselves. Not always, but if you trim something, it can happen. .
Never, under any circumstances, combine a laxative and sleeping pill on the same night.

PowerSpec G310
ASRock Extreme 6 A85X
AMD A10 6800K Quad Core Processor 4.1GHz
16GB DDR3-1600 RAM
EVGA GTX960 Super OC GPU
Windows 7 Pro
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
If you flag a point on the timeline with a marker, it should stick to that point, not to the time in the timeline, the point was. Irrispective the cause, trimming or deleting or inserting. So this does not look like a new feature to me, but a bug that may be resolved even when the 17 wishlist is closed.
Midimannz [Avatar]
Newbie Location: New Zealand Joined: Aug 28, 2013 19:18 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I've found that they can mysteriously move a few/several seconds on the timeline all by themselves. Not always, but if you trim something, it can happen.

i have found that if I lock the track, it prevents the ‘drift’ which happens very regularly
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Quote If you flag a point on the timeline with a marker, it should stick to that point, not to the time in the timeline, the point was. Irrispective the cause, trimming or deleting or inserting. So this does not look like a new feature to me, but a bug that may be resolved even when the 17 wishlist is closed.
It is not a bug, it is by design. The wisdom of it, however, is open to discussion.