Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Easier way to tweak opacity in video track?
AlanR47
Senior Member Location: Norfolk UK Joined: Dec 08, 2017 05:01 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
As a newbie getting used to PD16 has proved relatively easy - except in one area.

Editing opacity level in video track. Editing volume in audio is simple - hold ctrl and cursor switches to dot when over the level line. But for similar operation on video I find myself having to doubleclick video track and then click opacity diamond then OK to "see" a dot on opacity line and then cursor when over level line auto changes to dot and editing behaves as expected.

My question is - is there a simpler way to edit the opacity level for video tracks?
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote As a newbie getting used to PD16 has proved relatively easy - except in one area.

Editing opacity level in video track. Editing volume in audio is simple - hold ctrl and cursor switches to dot when over the level line. But for similar operation on video I find myself having to doubleclick video track and then click opacity diamond then OK to "see" a dot on opacity line and then cursor when over level line auto changes to dot and editing behaves as expected.

My question is - is there a simpler way to edit the opacity level for video tracks?

Hi

Highlight all the clips you want to alter then hover the mouse over one of the clips until you see a vertical double arrow then drag it down to alter the opacity

Robert Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
AlanR47
Senior Member Location: Norfolk UK Joined: Dec 08, 2017 05:01 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for your input Robert.

What I am after is the "dot" method to enable different levels within the clip. The vertical arrow moves the whole of the level profile, whereas I want to intimately profile the level. Similar to the way availabe from scratch on the audio track.

Just seems a long way to go via the PiP editor to acquire the "dot" level control. Once acquired - it remains forever available on that clip and never needs to be acquired again via PiP editor.

Maybe there is no other and faster way - just felt I had to ask.