Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problem generating shadow files??
[Post New]
Hi everyone,

Just noticed a new problem when editing some model airplane footage. I like to use shadowfiles, becuse my system is old, and I need it enabled to be able to scrub through videos. I'm getting an error message now. "the shadow file is unavailable because it is broken or contains an error.

Help!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 28. 2017 11:04

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
As always, did you wait long enough? All the bars must be green.

Have you cleaned you hard drive recently The shadow file folder may be full. Sorry, I don;t know where it is. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
[Post New]
Quote As always, did you wait long enough? All the bars must be green.

Have you cleaned you hard drive recently The shadow file folder may be full. Sorry, I don;t know where it is.

I know you must wait for it to finish, but it doesn't even begin to process the shadowfile, the error pops up. I thought by going into general settings, and manually deleting any shadow files created would suffice? Do I also need to locate the folder on my drive and delete any files in there as well?

thank you
Klavertje [Avatar]
Member Location: Herwijnen - Holland Joined: Jun 12, 2011 10:17 Messages: 84 Offline
[Post New]
I know this problem..and the solution is very simple.

Delete the content in the directorie ShadowEditfiles, pd will now build a new shadow file.

Problem solved, I think, anyway in my case was this the solution. PC with Win10 Pro 64, Intel i7 2600 ,8 Gb Memory, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 and a lot of Hard drives
Panasonic SD900 video camera