Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is it possible to have different audio soundtrack sources for a user to select on a menu?
Midimannz [Avatar]
Newbie Location: New Zealand Joined: Aug 28, 2013 19:18 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Hi friends, I make concert videos from compiled YouTube clips. Many times there are two different audio soundtracks I can choose to use, however, I seem to only be allowed to have one soundtrack on the finished product. Does PowerDirector 16 have this option for me to have two audio tracks, and a user can choose in a menu which one they want?

I can't find this topic anywhere, thanks
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Midimannz -

It's possible, but maybe not what you might think.

The only way (I know) to do that on a disc with a menu is:

1. Build 2 separate PDR projects, each with the 2 alternate soundtracks (even though the visuals may be the same)

2. Produce each project to your desired format - depending whether it's BR or DVD

3. So now you have 2 separate videos (titles)

4. Open a new project for your disc preparation & burning

5. In Create Disc, import the 2 produced titles

6. Select/make a menu with 2 buttons

7. Uncheck "Include Root Menu"

8. For Playback Mode, check "Play the Selected Title only" (screenshot attached)

With that setup, the viewer can select which audio track(s) to listen to.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Menu Playback mode.png]
 Filename
Menu Playback mode.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
812 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
23 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!