Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Multicam preview video doesn't move. Acts like recording for minutes but only 10 seconds
FrancoisT [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 26, 2010 15:03 Messages: 115 Offline
[Post New]
In multicam mode I have four videos and an extra audio track. I click record. The sounds goes but the individual video previews don't move or just every once in a while. As it records in multicam mode I click the different cameras without being able to see whats happening. I click stop and OK and when back on the main window it shows only 10 seconds when it should show 3 minutes. It did this several times. I watched the timeline as it was in multicam designer and instead of recording minutes its only recording seconds. I am including the dxdiag file. I actually made it just now as the program crashed. Thanks for any tips. I need some kind of video editing program without a steep learning curve for multicam projects.

I am using the trial version. I'm trying to figure out if my laptop is too slow for multicam editing. I thought it was fairly powerful. Processor: Intel i7- CPU @ 2.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.5GHz Memory: 16384MB RAM Available OS Memory: 16268MB RAM.
 Filename
DxDiag 2.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
112 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1481 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Oct 09. 2017 11:11

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Your Asus laptop has been upgraded to win 10. You need to ensure that shadow files in the lowest resolution is selected and enabled. You will have to wait until all the shadows files have completed generating before trying to edit (green icons). There is no problem editing four SD video on multicam on your laptop. It is HD and 4k resolutions that you will have problems with if not using the right shadow files on multicam.
FrancoisT [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 26, 2010 15:03 Messages: 115 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Your Asus laptop has been upgraded to win 10. You need to ensure that shadow files in the lowest resolution is selected and enabled. You will have to wait until all the shadows files have completed generating before trying to edit (green icons). There is no problem editing four SD video on multicam on your laptop. It is HD and 4k resolutions that you will have problems with if not using the right shadow files on multicam.

I think I'm grasping what your saying. I just found that setting and put it on the lowest resolution. It wasn't turned on before. So thanks for alerting me to that. Do I have to load all the video's in the timeline first and not in Multicam Designer? I'm not sure how to see if shadow files are ready. I put 4 videos in the media area. One has a green film strip looking thing, two have yellow film strip things bottom left and one doesn't have any. They all have green checks. In my case I'm putting in 30 minutes videos. Will that take a long time to generate the shadow files?

I guess they eventually turned green but I went ahead before that and it worked for the first time. I actually paid for the upgrade to Vegas Movie Studio 16 which continues to be completely unusable for multicam and sync.It was taking hours to sync audio and video and even then didn't do it right. After your kind tip this Cyberlink program seems like one I can make progress with. Many thanks!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 10. 2017 04:51