Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Playing Playlist through Chromecast
prevaljo [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 01, 2017 22:19 Messages: 105 Offline
[Post New]
I recently purchased Power DVD because from the blurb I believed it would play DVDs through Chromecast, but it doesn't, which is a bore. I am currently trying to work out if it's possible to create a video playlist that will stream a number of video files to a Chromecast device. I can't find any reference to this option in the FAQs or documentation. I suspect not. If anybody has any views on how to achieve this I would be eternally grateful for the information.

As an observation Cyberlink are not very clear in their information about what their product sets can't do.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Did you read this information (link)?

I can cast to my ROKU players (3) with no issues. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
prevaljo [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 01, 2017 22:19 Messages: 105 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks @stevek, I had read that information, and I can cast individual video files to my Chromecast device no problemo. However what I wanted to be able to do is to set up a Playlist in Power DVD which I can do, and then play the playlist through the Chromecast. It seems that whilst you can direct an individual video file to play to the Chromecast device I could not find a way to direct multple video files in a Playlist to the Chromecast. Maybe I'll have to resort to an HDMI cable...