Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Transparency in Transparent PNGs while editing 360 Videos
Fire By Dragon [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Blacksburg, VA Joined: Sep 26, 2017 20:39 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I'm a power v15 user and recently upgraded to v16. I have a number of templates and watermarks I use for 360 degree video clients. It seems in v16 I've lost some transparency in transparent PNGs. I did have to convert them to 2D to use them. It seems the conversion eliminated the see thru watermark logos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7SgZTz8TYE png transparency from v15 (look left and right)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBm6vaw6SoE no png transparency from v16 (look left and right)

Thoughts welcome.

Richard.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Richard -

How did you insert your King Rat watermark?

Here, in a 360 project, when I insert a watermark (.png with transpaency) in a higher numbered track and set the opacity to (say) 65%, it comes out the same in PDR15 & 16... just as I set it.

I'm no expert on 360 editing, so there might be something you're doing that I haven't though of.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Frankster69 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 13, 2017 13:32 Messages: 68 Offline
[Post New]
There isn't much difference between regular and 360 video editing, other then the projection. And definitely not when it comes to things like transparency.

I would have to check it in 15, but in 16, make sure the PNG's are in the top (well, bottom in the timeline) layer, so like Ynotfish says in higher number tracks. Can it be you have FX tracks over the top (bottom in timeline) of your video?

I noticed the same thing, also fading shadows in PNG that became solid bands. I found that re-ordering the track down, below the fx track(s) in the timeline, the issue was resolved and PNG's look like they should.

Does this help you out as well?

regards, Frank
Fire By Dragon [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Blacksburg, VA Joined: Sep 26, 2017 20:39 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Tony,

I think the issues is in new tools converting the 360 image in space to a 2d object. I tried to reprodice the problem to capture the step by step here and the editor worked as expected. Thank you for your reply.

Richard.

Quote Hi Richard -

How did you insert your King Rat watermark?

Here, in a 360 project, when I insert a watermark (.png with transpaency) in a higher numbered track and set the opacity to (say) 65%, it comes out the same in PDR15 & 16... just as I set it.

I'm no expert on 360 editing, so there might be something you're doing that I haven't though of.

Cheers - Tony