Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
enable ''remove selected area or unselected area'' option
nikolo [Avatar]
Member Location: athens Joined: Oct 28, 2012 06:52 Messages: 127 Offline
[Post New]
hello the option ''remove selected or unselected area'' is grey and disable in photo dierctor 8 i'm in using.how can enable?
[Thumb - 1.jpg]
 Filename
1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
44 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
56 time(s)
[Post New]
Hello nikolo,

That's true. When you're using the "Smart Lasso", you need to double click after completing your selection. The blue selection are will switch to the familiar any trail and the "Remove selected/unselected area" will become active.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
nikolo [Avatar]
[Post New]
and also do the same with magic election ?
[Post New]
No, it's not necessary when using Magic Selection.

The attached screenshots partially explain.

PIX
[Thumb - PhD_Background Removal Modes.jpg]
 Filename
PhD_Background Removal Modes.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1447 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
44 time(s)
PIX YouTube channel
nikolo [Avatar]
[Post New]
οk.but can can i choose using magic election ''selected or unselected area'' genarally?also i have a main issue.i want to change a face with another.in technical support told me to use face swap tool in photo merge.but the result didn't setisfied me.can i do it manually?i mean ,sorry for my bad english to crop a face and paste to anotehr body.something like that.can i do that?
[Post New]
Hello nicolo,

Your post makes good sense, so your English is working!

The Face Swap tool in PhD is more designed for swapping faces in photos that are very similar (e.g. a group photo shoton the one occasion where the facial expressions are slightly different. It's show in this tutorial.

To swap a face manually, you need to use the Background Removal tool (as you've been doing) the use either Photo Composer or the Layers module to overlay the "new" face with the edited original.

The attached PDF attempts to explain further.

The steps are shown in this tutorial, even though faces aren't being swapped.

PIX
 Filename
PhotoDirector Face Swap.pdf
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
728 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
229 time(s)
PIX YouTube channel
nikolo [Avatar]
[Post New]
so if i use background removal tool or layers must import two photos at the same time?