Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Suggestions for PDR 15
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Here's another thought re: what to put in PD15, more like put back into Power Director. In PD8's Fix/Enhance there is a provision to view in split-screen, the fix or enhance effect on the right of screen, against the unaffected image on the left of screen. This facility allows the user to gauge the degree of fixing or enhancing that a video image sourced from analogue tape(VHS, Beta, Video-8 or Hi- requires to bring it up to a level roughly equal to that of modern video images derived from digital sources. This facility is not available in PD14 and I'm not sure which was the last version to include this split-screen facility. Was it still there in PD9, 10, 11 or 12?

Cheers!

Neil.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Neil.F.1955,
I gotta say that feature is there in V14, and I'm pretty sure never left, someone correct me if I'm wrong. It's possible if your FIX module is not dragged open enough you'll miss the buttons/features at the bottom of that window. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I would like NEW BLUE Stabilizer integrated with PowerDirector. Gimme gimme gimme.
HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Neil.F.1955,
I gotta say that feature is there in V14, and I'm pretty sure never left,

Correct as usual Crabby, it's still there.

[Thumb - SplitScreen.png]
 Filename
SplitScreen.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
47 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
569 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Nov 25. 2015 23:22

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: Neil.F.1955,
I gotta say that feature is there in V14, and I'm pretty sure never left,

Correct as usual Crabby, it's still there.

Thanks Barry & Cranston - I had to pull my timelines down to reveal it!

Cheers!
collie581 [Avatar]
Member Location: Aberdeen Scotland Joined: Oct 21, 2015 11:43 Messages: 92 Offline
[Post New]
A small thing but I would like the option of selecting a destination when saving a snapshot. At the moment they are all saved in the default folder set in preferences. This means that I have to use Windows File explorer to move it to the relevant folder and then choose to import it from there. A bit of a pest if you are doing it a lot.
ChristopherDeanHoward
Newbie Location: England Joined: Oct 06, 2015 00:30 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, Cyberlink, mate.

So, in the new screen recorder you put into PowerDirector 14, you can only record your audio at a tiny 120Kbps or so, and it shows, bigtime. It makes the voice quality absolutely terrible. And, as you know: when you do voice-over stuff in videos, the clarity and sound quality of your voice is the most vital part of the whole thing. At 120Kbps, it's genuinely awful, my friends.

All other softwares allow you to record at 192Kbps at least.

Please, please make it so that the screen recorder records audio at 192Kbps. It's absolutely essential.

Thank you for reading. And cheers for listening to your core members. FX 8350 Black Edition
R9 270X 4GB
Hyper X Fury, 8GB
Western Digital, 1T Caviar Blue, 2T Green
[Post New]
Quote: Whoa slow down PDR 15 !!!.

My Suggestions.

Cyberlink need stop release PDR EVERY FREAKING YEAR !!!.

Time to change to 2 or 3 years cycle to release new PDR.

Cyberlink need more work, fixes buggy PDR within 2 or 3 years period.

Upgrade costs way too much ! for every year and add little features.

I have PDR 12, 13, I wish motion tracker come with PDR 13 but only for PDR 14 that is B.S.

Stop release it too soon.

+1
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: Whoa slow down PDR 15 !!!.

My Suggestions.

Cyberlink need stop release PDR EVERY FREAKING YEAR !!!.

Time to change to 2 or 3 years cycle to release new PDR.

Cyberlink need more work, fixes buggy PDR within 2 or 3 years period.

Upgrade costs way too much ! for every year and add little features.

I have PDR 12, 13, I wish motion tracker come with PDR 13 but only for PDR 14 that is B.S.

Stop release it too soon.

+1

I'll go along with the quoted sentiment, but add that maybe the space should be three-to-four years, enough time to iron out the bugs and glitches BEFORE releasing the product. Plus, the option to buy the disc package(boxed retail version) must ALWAYS be available.
collie581 [Avatar]
Member Location: Aberdeen Scotland Joined: Oct 21, 2015 11:43 Messages: 92 Offline
[Post New]
Another small thing that would help me is that the Media Library Menu should have the option Show/Hide used clips. This would help when you have a lot of clips already used mixed up with others that have been imported and which you are trying to find. It may be my eyesight but on my screen at any rate scrolling through the clips (even with the sort options already provided) is a real struggle.
ChristopherDeanHoward
Newbie Location: England Joined: Oct 06, 2015 00:30 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Another small thing that would help me is that the Media Library Menu should have the option Show/Hide used clips. This would help when you have a lot of clips already used mixed up with others that have been imported and which you are trying to find. It may be my eyesight but on my screen at any rate scrolling through the clips (even with the sort options already provided) is a real struggle.

My apologies if you already know this, my friend, but there is kinda one way to know which clips you've imported into your timeline: There's a little green tick on them. FX 8350 Black Edition
R9 270X 4GB
Hyper X Fury, 8GB
Western Digital, 1T Caviar Blue, 2T Green
collie581 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes thank you I am aware of that but there does not seem to be a way of sorting them between ticked and unticked! I have a lot of clips and images in this project and sorting by date or alphabetical is only of some help. It should not be difficult for the programmers to include a filter to show/hide those ticked. Or am I missing something ?
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi, all!

Something that occurred to me as I was replying to another post and explaining my different experiences between PD8 and PD14, The ability to copy/paste transitions. In PD8, sure thing! But in PD14....nope! can't be done...nicht möglich(as they say in Germany... not possible!). In PD8 that ability meant I could go through my video, lay in a "fade" transition where I wanted(usually at 5 seconds duration) and, when I have all my required transition points in place at the wanted duration, it was simply a matter of viewing the clip on the timeline and dropping in a more elaborate effect over the Fade. The Fade transition was simply a "seatwarmer" as it were, for the more elaborate effect to be aded later. This is something that needs to be brought back for PD15 as it's a useful and time-saving tool.

Cheers!

Neil.
Alessandro de Sica [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 24, 2013 19:23 Messages: 72 Offline
[Post New]
Blinking text, please!!! For me this is such a basic effect I (once again) can't believe this is not implemented in PD14.

And neither an MS Word "text effect" paste into title designer nor a Google search for blinking fonts (see other thread for a previous PD version) yielded any results.

I dema...oops, I mean of course kindly suggest: Choose any font in PD title designer, highlight it, add "blink effect" from a menu and set the frequency. Done. Am I asking too much?!
marja3D [Avatar]
Newbie Location: France Joined: Jun 04, 2010 05:34 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
Hello
For fans of 3D, continue to improve the patch.
Automatic mode (Image Rotation Left versus right)
Good day marja3D
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm in agreement with kezug in regard to transitions. In User Preferences, I set the transitions to 5 seconds duration, crossfade, upon application, I noted the audio crossfade was absent, so, keeping the same duration, reset the transition to overlap, got video and audio transitions back together again. I was trying to save some time by having my transitions at crossfade but having to add the audio crossfade in a separate action defeats my purpose. So now I'm back to having to set the transition from overlap to crossfade in "modify" just so I can get the audio and video crossfades together. This is not good. When one is editing a video, one is also looking for ways to do this quicker. Get my drift?

Cheers!

Neil.
Martini2771 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Riga, Latvia Joined: Apr 02, 2013 12:10 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I would like that there would be a lot more "film burn" or "lens flare" effects or transitions. They are widely used in many professional clips, but I never encountered any serious ones in PD. There aren't any good looking user generated content as well.
Really looking for! i7-3770 | Gigabyte GTX 660 | Asus P8H77-V | Kingston HyperX 16 Gb RAM | Intel 330 180 Gb SSD | 2 Tb Seagate HDD | FSP Raider 550W 85+ | Nexus Prominent R case
dgpd2015 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 07, 2014 21:19 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
1. Allow user select ram usage like adobe after effect.

2. Speed up shadow file generating instantly.

3. Bring all features that missing from some previous version.

4. Improving motion tracker.

5. Improving text fonts can place anywhere on screen by hold down left button mouse.

Merry Christmas ! Ho! Ho!
Not Me! [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Oz Down Under Joined: Sep 01, 2014 01:55 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: 1. Allow user select ram usage like adobe after effect.

5. Improving text fonts can place anywhere on screen by hold down left button mouse.

1. The more ram you have for video editing the better!

2. I don't use shadow file!

3. Bring most useful features that have been dropped from some previous version, YES! YES!

5. Improving text fonts usability, can place anywhere on screen by hold down left button mouse, Sounds very useful!!

Good sugestions, have a great day! JT That's Me!
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: 1. Allow user select ram usage like adobe after effect.

1. The more ram you have for video editing the better!

2. I don't use shadow file!

3. Bring most useful features that have been dropped from some previous version, YES! YES!

5. Improving text fonts usability, can place anywhere on screen by hold down left button mouse, Sounds very useful!!

Good sugestions, have a great day!

1. The more ram you have for video editing the better! Sounds a bit "sheepish"(ha-ha - er, sorry, I'll take that ba-a-a-ack!)

2. I don't use shadow file! Neither do I!

3. Bring most useful features that have been dropped from some previous version, definitely! Like burning discs at DVD SP!

4. Improve Motion Tracker... Hmmm, I've only used it experimentally, but I suppose it could do with a bit of tweaking.

5. 5. Improving text fonts usability, can place anywhere on screen by hold down left button mouse, I'll go along with that!

Cyberlink, you've got some work ahead of you!

Cheers!

Neil.
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Something a bit screwy here!

I check my emails, seeing that I have received a reply to my last post re: Suggestions For PD15, click on it and find it was my own post! HUH? Hey! Whattsa-matter you guys at-a Cyberlink Huh?

laughing

Cheers!

Neil