Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
blurred background picture
Valkyrion [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 22, 2017 10:51 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I wanted to set an own picture as background in Power DVD 17. But all pictures (jpg.; all high resolutions) I imported are blurred at all.

How can I improve that?
woofer [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 01, 2017 18:42 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I wanted to set an own picture as background in Power DVD 17. But all pictures (jpg.; all high resolutions) I imported are blurred at all.

How can I improve that?

I would also like an answer for this problem??
woofer [Avatar]
[Post New]
Anybody ?????
Valkyrion [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 22, 2017 10:51 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I've got an answer from Cyberlink.

There's no way to do it. Power Dvd is programmed, so that it blurs picture automatically because otherwise it disturbs Power DVD's interface.
woofer [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I've got an answer from Cyberlink.

There's no way to do it. Power Dvd is programmed, so that it blurs picture automatically because otherwise it disturbs Power DVD's interface.

Thanks for the reply..

Well that makes the feature of importing your own picture/background pointless!! Why have the facility to do this only to BLUR it?? makes no sense at all!.
triffid
Member Location: Prague, the heart of Europe Joined: Feb 04, 2017 06:33 Messages: 146 Offline
[Post New]
Quote There's no way to do it. Power Dvd is programmed, so that it blurs picture automatically because otherwise it disturbs Power DVD's interface.

I thought so. It seems to be an artistic intention. You must choose a background which fits the blur effect. Some flowers maybe? Definitely not Star Wars poster.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 25. 2017 17:21

FOR THE LIST OF ULTRA HD BLU-RAY COMPATIBLE MOTHERBOARDS CLICK HERE
My hardware: Aorus Z270X Gaming 8 motherboard + i7 7700 CPU + Pioneer BDR-S11J-BK
Pete 12 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Aug 21, 2012 09:07 Messages: 96 Offline
[Post New]

Thanks for the reply..

Well that makes the feature of importing your own picture/background pointless!! Why have the facility to do this only to BLUR it?? makes no sense at all!.

I prefer to leave it as default, but i believe they can improve the feature of the backround not to be blur in the next updates, so i cant judge now because this is not the final version/updates to be realeased.

Still BLURRED ( !) background , even after latest updates !!
Why not fixed , after so much time past .............?
Downloading backgrounds is totally useless , untill this blur-problem has been fixed ! Do NOT GIVE UP!! CyberLink updates PDVD12 next month for solving these frustrating problem!!
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
From the post: "untill this blur-problem has been fixed !"
A post above yours says it is by design. Good or Bad, is is not a problem with the program. Please add that to the list of issues for PowerDVD 18. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
redmtnex [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 14, 2008 19:08 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]

So what it disturbes is the font readability of some screens. There is a work around. The wallpaper images get created and stored in a the users appdata folder. appdata/local/cyberlink/powerdvd19/themes. Replace the powerdvd number with your version and the user folder with your user name. For me it is C:/Users/admin/appdata/local/cyberlink/powerdvd19/themes. If you cannot see appdata it is hidden by default. Search google on how to unhide appdata.

Open powerdvd and add the image you want as a wallpaper. Powerdvd will blur it. close pwrdvd. Now go to the themes folder and you will find 3 new files associated with the wallpaper you just added. The .jpg and tenft.jpg files are the ones you want to edit. Load both into a photo editing program such as photoshop. I take and paste the original image onto the blury image then do some mods and save the image back into the themes folder as the .jpg or tenft.jpg files and that is it. Unblured.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Oct 25. 2019 15:47