Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Issues loading to You tube
Zanegerous1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 04, 2014 09:37 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Recently I've been uploading a training series for a local business. I had no issues loading the first 4 episodes, but now I'm getting an error message on a couple of the episodes I've tried to up load.

The message states that Cyberlink was unable to upload the video. I've rebooted my lap top and it will let me load an episode but then not another.

The episodes are various lengths, 6 min to 22 min. I've loaded several successful. I've tried cutting the errored videos in case that was it, but still unable.

Thanks for any help.

Zane
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Zane -

Since you're using PDR's YouTube uploader, there are some restrictions. e.g. default duration limit is 15mins.

This can be modified using REGEDIT - http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/12715.page#post_box_59796

I haven't personally tested this with PDR15, but I have no evidence that it won't work.

Alternatively, avoid the uploader and do it directly through your channel... Produce, then upload. Quality (in theory) should be better because PDR's uploader only uses WMV format.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Zanegerous1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 04, 2014 09:37 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Zane -

Since you're using PDR's YouTube uploader, there are some restrictions. e.g. default duration limit is 15mins.

This can be modified using REGEDIT - http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/12715.page#post_box_59796

I haven't personally tested this with PDR15, but I have no evidence that it won't work.

Alternatively, avoid the uploader and do it directly through your channel... Produce, then upload. Quality (in theory) should be better because PDR's uploader only uses WMV format.

Cheers - Tony

Thanks for the reply, i will try the load through you tube, however, i have loaded a couple of the episodes up at over 20 minutes no problem..Weird.
stevefrench73 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 15, 2015 22:30 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Recently I've been uploading a training series for a local business. I had no issues loading the first 4 episodes, but now I'm getting an error message on a couple of the episodes I've tried to up load.

The message states that Cyberlink was unable to upload the video. I've rebooted my lap top and it will let me load an episode but then not another.

The episodes are various lengths, 6 min to 22 min. I've loaded several successful. I've tried cutting the errored videos in case that was it, but still unable.

Thanks for any help.

Zane

I've been having
the very same problem for the past couple months. However I am NOT using
PDR's YouTube uploader. It turns out that (at some point in the recent
past) YouTube stopped accepting videos in MPEG-2 format, which is the
format I ALWAYS rendered my videos to because offers the highest
resolution output PD15 has that's compatible with YouTube [or so I
thought... see edit below]. Well, years ago I used the Windows Media
format, but that doesn't fill the viewing window.

For years now I've up-loaded my YouTube videos in MPEG-2. But
suddenly, that no longer works. Figuring out that this is what's going
on was an extremely frustrating process, but I eventually discovered
that to be the problem.

EDIT: I just learned from another thread that XAVC-S is an MP-4
format. Armed with that knowledge, I don't have to purchase the Prism
file convertor software I was about to waste money on! Anyway, if you're
still having problems - and if you used to render your videos in MPEG-2
- try the XAVC-S and you should be good to go.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Apr 09. 2017 13:31

stevefrench73 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 15, 2015 22:30 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
Accidental double post. Sorry.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 09. 2017 13:30