Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 15 - have video, but no sound on produced video.mp4
[Post New]
I am loving Power Director 15 so far, however, when I finally went to produce a video just to test it out, there is video but no audio in .mp4 format. I have searched and read some posts on here, but none of them seem to apply to my problem. Here are some things I have done so far:

1. Played the produced video in PD 15 and there is still no sound.

2. Played the produced video in Widows Media Player, VLC Media Player, and another media player app on my Windows 8.1 and all played with no sound.

3. Checked the Produce section in PD15 to edit the profile quality where one of the posts on this forum instructed to change the audio compression from AAC to LPCM...however, there is no option in the drop down menu on mine for LPCM, there is only the AAC option.

4. I put my produced soundless video into Windows Movie Maker and then added the audio track and produced the video that way and it now has sound. In purchasing Power Director 15, I was trying to upgrade from Windows Movie Maker only to have to resort back to it to get a finished video.

I am using Windows 8.1. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to solve the issue of no sound once a video is produced? I am stumped and disappointed. Thank you for any help that can be provided.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 05. 2017 15:51

[Post New]
Just an update as I've been troubleshooting:

I have also produced my video again using the AVC H.264 format which I first used and it produced with video but no sound. I then produced it again using the HEVC H.265 format which produced sound but NO video. I then produced my video using the XAVC S format which actually worked and produced video WITH sound. However, I don't think this format can be uploaded to sites such as YouTube or Vimeo and it must be converted even though the XAVC is in a .mp4 wrapper.

Alas, I am still looking for suggestions as I don't want to have to convert every video I make. I should be able to produce a video in the AVC H.264 format and still get sound and video. Anyone?
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
hi, there.

Quote ... I then produced my video using the XAVC S format which actually worked and produced video WITH sound. However, I don't think this format can be uploaded to sites such as YouTube ...

i know for a fact YouTube will take the XAVC-S MP4 and MXF containers. (sorry. update 4/6/17)

p.s.

whenever enquiring, attach a DxDiag.txt of your baby.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan

'garbage in garbage out'

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 06. 2017 16:08

'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
[Post New]
Hi PepsiMan,

Thank you for the response. Ok, I have never uploaded a video to YouTube as I'm pretty new at video creation. I was just going by what I found when I did an internet search. I don't even have a YouTube account yet, lol. I did think it was strange that I could only get video and sound producing in the XAVC S format though. When I finish the video (as this was just a test run to see how it worked), I will see if I can get it to upload. Thanks for the tip and help. I appreciate it very much! - BlueCrush

Quote hi, there.

Quote ... I then produced my video using the XAVC S format which actually worked and produced video WITH sound. However, I don't think this format can be uploaded to sites such as YouTube ...

i know for a fact YouTube will take the XAVC-S MP4 and XMF containers.

p.s.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan

'garbage in garbage out'
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
Quote ... I am using Windows 8.1. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to solve the issue of no sound once a video is produced? I am stumped and disappointed. Thank you for any help that can be provided...

well, let's troubleshoot.

just for your post, i've downloaded PD15 trial version b2509 dated Feb2017.

only codecs i've installed on this laptop, Dell Latitude e6520R, is DivX v2.8.0.18, ffdShow x64 v 1.3.4533,

K-Lite codec pack v12.4.2basic and Xvid Mpeg-4 video codecs.

produced both AVC MP4 & XAVC-S MP4 and played with sound using MPC-HCx64 v1.7.6.217.

so what do you have in your PC?

p.s.
does your videos and audios got tick(check) mark in the timeline???

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan

'garbage in garbage out'
[Thumb - 2017-04-05_212451.jpg]
 Filename
2017-04-05_212451.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
ensure videos and audios has been checked in the timeline
 Filesize
90 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
33 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 06. 2017 16:10

'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
stevefrench73 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 15, 2015 22:30 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
Quote hi, there.

i know for a fact YouTube will take the XAVC-S MP4 and MXF containers. (sorry. update 4/6/17)

p.s.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan

'garbage in garbage out'

Wait, XAVC-S is an MP-4 format? Awesome. I had no idea. And YouTube recently stopped accepting uploads in MPEG-2. So this knowledge just saved me from having to purchase a separate format convertor software! Thanks!!!