Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
What's the deal with 2_CyberLink_PowerDirector_ContentPack_Essential_PCP160714-011.exe
rytis2015 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Mar 21, 2015 23:33 Messages: 71 Offline
[Post New]
2_CyberLink_PowerDirector_ContentPack_Essential_PCP160714-011.exe came with version 15 I bought yesterday, and the reason I am asking is because it is a large 2.4 gb file that I downloaded in hopes that maybe it will get my version 15 working (which ever since I upgraded yesterday from version 13, no more masks on my existing work, and all videos stutter, so I am doing a system restore to go back to v13) and I wonder if there is any use keeping this large file on my drive. What's in it? Anything valuable? (took me 5 hours to download it)
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
The content pack is a bundle of additional content that populates your PD installation. It usually consists of PIP objects like frames and animations, in addition to titles, music, particles, disc menus, etc.

I suggest keeping it and running that after your initial installation of PD.

I wish to add PLEASE keep and make copies of your downloads, off your computer (in case of crash or death of machine). HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
rytis2015 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Mar 21, 2015 23:33 Messages: 71 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The content pack is a bundle of additional content that populates your PD installation. It usually consists of PIP objects like frames and animations, in addition to titles, music, particles, disc menus, etc.

I suggest keeping it and running that after your initial installation of PD.

I wish to add PLEASE keep and make copies of your downloads, off your computer (in case of crash or death of machine).
I did - but it only saved the downloader files unfortunately, that is why now I am having trouble even installing the previous versions that I purchased - I do not understand the deal with these small "downloader" files that are not the actual programs.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
The downloader files are just gateways to the link where Cyberlink has stored your files, and they expire. Saving those only matters for the timeframe of the active link. You need to save the actual downloads. If you need to require the software you will need to contact SUPPORT with proof of purchase. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT