Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Masks are gone in pwd15 :(
rytis2015 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Mar 21, 2015 23:33 Messages: 71 Offline
[Post New]
I just upgraded from 11 to 15, and all my old work plays different now, masks are gone, and I noticed the feature is not even available in the properties any more (the third "mask" tab is missing)
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Relax rytis2015 -

"Masks" have their own separate module now because they're separately keyframeable.

Select a clip - go to Designer > Mask Designer.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
rytis2015 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Relax rytis2015 -

"Masks" have their own separate module now because they're separately keyframeable.

Cheers - Tony
Is there an easy way to restore all masks of clips in the project?
rytis2015 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Actually I noticed that even the clips do not play normally in this new version. I am uninstalling it and going back to 11
Quote Relax rytis2015 -

Cheers - Tony
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Oh, so you're opening a project made in a previous version and the masking you added is missing? Is that what you meant?

Cheers - Tony
rytis2015 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Oh, so you're opening a project made in a previous version and the masking you added is missing? Is that what you meant?

Cheers - Tony
Yes, and all clips everywhere stutter - nothing plays smooth.
rytis2015 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Whew, got the version 13 back - smooth video and masks are back. I'm only out $65 on the useless v15, but at least I'm back where I was 2 days ago, what a relief!
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Whew, got the version 13 back - smooth video and masks are back. I'm only out $65 on the useless v15, but at least I'm back where I was 2 days ago, what a relief!
PD13 is an excellent program, as is V15, however if it is within the allowed timeframe I imagine you can ask for a refund. I will mention that you didn't ask about performance, we might have been able to assist you in that regard. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I just upgraded from 11 to 15, and all my old work plays different now, masks are gone, and I noticed the feature is not even available in the properties any more (the third "mask" tab is missing)

PD11 on two of your posts.
rytis2015 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Whew, got the version 13 back - smooth video and masks are back. I'm only out $65 on the useless v15, but at least I'm back where I was 2 days ago, what a relief!
PD13 is an excellent program, as is V15, however if it is within the allowed timeframe I imagine you can ask for a refund. I will mention that you didn't ask about performance, we might have been able to assist you in that regard.
Thanks! A refund would be nice, UNLESS they have identified this exact problem (mask incompatability+skipping video), are intending to fix it in the near future, and there is something really useful nea features in the 15. please let me know how I can get the refund if possible, without too much hassle.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
PD13 is an excellent program, as is V15, however if it is within the allowed timeframe I imagine you can ask for a refund. I will mention that you didn't ask about performance, we might have been able to assist you in that regard.
Thanks! A refund would be nice, UNLESS they have identified this exact problem (mask incompatability+skipping video), are intending to fix it in the near future, and there is something really useful nea features in the 15. please let me know how I can get the refund if possible, without too much hassle.
Rytis, if you just bought PD15, then you have some time to trouble-shoot it, but you will need to reinstall first. All versions of PD can coexist on the same machine, but only 1 can be open at any given time. Start a new thread with appropriate title, provide us with a dxdiag, and let us know what the file types are, or perhaps attach a 5-10 second sample. As for refunds, you need to go to customer support, we have no ability to assist with those types of issues. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
ynotfish
[Post New]
Hi rytis2015 -

I can tell you that the difference in performance you've experienced between PDR15 & earlier versions (whichever one you have) is not a widespread problem.

I just built a dummy project in PDR13, involving multiple tracks, custom & standard masking, various PiP effects, keyframed opacity & overlays using 4K & 1080p clips with video bitrates of 50Mbps+. I saved the project then opened it with PDR15.

• Playback was no different in PDR15

• All masking, keyframing & PiP effects were present... exactly as I made them in PDR13

Cheers - Tony
rytis2015 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I figure sooner or later 13 will become obsolete like 11 did with windows upgrades (that's why I bought 13 couple years ago) while at the same time 15 will be fixed of any bugs, and I will just install it then. For now 13 is good enough. thanks.

Rytis, if you just bought PD15, then you have some time to trouble-shoot it, but you will need to reinstall first. All versions of PD can coexist on the same machine, but only 1 can be open at any given time. Start a new thread with appropriate title, provide us with a dxdiag, and let us know what the file types are, or perhaps attach a 5-10 second sample. As for refunds, you need to go to customer support, we have no ability to assist with those types of issues.
rytis2015 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I guess that's bad news for me, since those "not widespread problems" hardly get fixed. I have no idea why I had it, but since Barrythecrab mentioned both versions can be installed at the same time, maybe I will try to instal 15.

Quote Hi rytis2015 -I can tell you that the difference in performance you've experienced between PDR15 & earlier versions (whichever one you have) is not a widespread problem.I just built a dummy project in PDR13, involving multiple tracks, custom & standard masking, various PiP effects, keyframed opacity & overlays using 4K & 1080p clips with video bitrates of 50Mbps+. I saved the project then opened it with PDR15.
  • Playback was no different in PDR15
  • All masking, keyframing & PiP effects were present... exactly as I made them in PDR13
Cheers - Tony
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
Quote I guess that's bad news for me, since those "not widespread problems" hardly get fixed. I have no idea why I had it, but since Barrythecrab mentioned both versions can be installed at the same time, maybe I will try to instal 15.

I always have the FULL versions of PD, not "upgrades", so I am not 100% sure if the same applies to those types of downloads. I'm sure Tony knows! HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
rytis2015 [Avatar]
[Post New]
My full version is 11 I guess. Then I upgraded to 13 in 2015, and 15 just now. I guess in 2019 it will be version 17> I also wish that with upgrades they just check that you own the previous version (they actually have a record of it based on my email) AND JUST GIVE YOU THE FULL NEW VERSION - I see no difference whatso ever, in fact I wish I would have just paid the extra $5 for the full version.
Quote I guess that's bad news for me, since those "not widespread problems" hardly get fixed. I have no idea why I had it, but since Barrythecrab mentioned both versions can be installed at the same time, maybe I will try to instal 15.

I always have the FULL versions of PD, not "upgrades", so I am not 100% sure if the same applies to those types of downloads. I'm sure Tony knows!