Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Duplicate photos after adding text//Solved
boongsong [Avatar]
Contributor Location: Arvin, CA Joined: May 18, 2010 14:48 Messages: 482 Offline
[Post New]
I'm currently using the trial of PD 8. My main purpose, beyond whatever correrctions/fixes I might make, is to be able to [roduce a photo show/slide show from some of the 1100+ photos I have.

When I put captions on any of the photos, it saves the original as well as the one with the caption. Then when I try to make the photo show, both photos are included (1 w/out caption, 1 with).

Thinking I could delete the photo w/out caption and keep the one with, I selected the photo w/out caption and selected Delete. Bam!! Both photos are deleted.

What am I doing wrong? I only want the photo(s) w/captions, not both.

Thanks for any help

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 24. 2017 07:48

Jack
PD 14.0.2302.0 HP h8-1280t, Intel Core i7-3820, CPU 3.60Hzm 64-bit, 10GB mem, 1 TB hard drive
[Post New]
Hello boonsong,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum laughing

Before I attempt to replicate your issue, could you please clarify: Are you adding captions in the SlideShow module, or somewhere else?

PIX PIX YouTube channel
boongsong [Avatar]
Contributor Location: Arvin, CA Joined: May 18, 2010 14:48 Messages: 482 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello boonsong,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum laughing

Before I attempt to replicate your issue, could you please clarify: Are you adding captions in the SlideShow module, or somewhere else?

PIX

Thank you for your response.

What I did was import several photos. I then went to Layers and added captions to some of the photos. After that, I clicked on the check mark below it and moved to the next photo. Before it would advance, it asked if I wanted to save and I clicked yes.

In that process, the original and the one with the caption is saved. The one on the left is the original and the other is captioned

Here's a snapshot of the timeline and the two photos.
[Thumb - dupes.JPG]
 Filename
dupes.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
33 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
44 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 23. 2017 17:11

Jack
PD 14.0.2302.0 HP h8-1280t, Intel Core i7-3820, CPU 3.60Hzm 64-bit, 10GB mem, 1 TB hard drive
[Post New]
I believe you issue may be related to the fact that you've saved your captioned photos as .phi, which retains the layers for further editing. Try saving as JPG or PNG.

Here, I'm unable to replicate the problem you've described.

It would be a simpler process to simply add the captions within the slideshow module, unless the captions are required for other purposes.

I understand you're also a PowerDirector user. Why no build and caption your slideshows in PDR? PhD has quite limited slideshow options by comparison.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
boongsong [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I believe you issue may be related to the fact that you've saved your captioned photos as .phi, which retains the layers for further editing. Try saving as JPG or PNG.

Here, I'm unable to replicate the problem you've described.

It would be a simpler process to simply add the captions within the slideshow module, unless the captions are required for other purposes.

I understand you're also a PowerDirector user. Why no build and caption your slideshows in PDR? PhD has quite limited slideshow options by comparison.

PIX

Thanks again PIX for your response.

I was curious as to whether or not Photo Dir would have options for a PS other than PD. It doesn't. Far too involved for someone @ my "expertise" level. I've used PD before and will continue to do so. Much easier

Thanks for your help on this. I will mark your response as my answer.

Have a great week. Jack