Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
"Sort By" How to change default setting?
[Post New]
I am using PowerDirector 14, Ultimate.When I import video files, PowerDirector sorts files by name. This is frustrating and stupid.

How do I change the default to sort by date?

My Panasonic (SDR-H60P) for some reason does not name files linear, so all the clips are out of order when editing in PowerDirector. I required the ability to set the “Sort By” to a default of sorting by date.

How do I do change the default setting to Date?
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I am using PowerDirector 14, Ultimate.When I import video files, PowerDirector sorts files by name. This is frustrating and stupid.

My Panasonic (SDR-H60P) for some reason does not name files linear, so all the clips are out of order when editing in PowerDirector. I required the ability to set the “Sort By” to a default of sorting by date.

Hi BadMatt

Right click on any blank space in the Media Room - Select "sort by" in the appearing menu, and then select the option you require. Not sure how to make it a default setting, but why default it, it's only a couple of clicks.

Robert

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 28. 2017 11:06

Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
[Post New]
Quote I am using PowerDirector 14, Ultimate.When I import video files, PowerDirector sorts files by name. This is frustrating and stupid.

Hi BadMatt

Right click on any blank space in the Media Room - Select "sort by" in the appearing menu, and then select the option you require. Not sure how to make it a default setting, but why default it, it's only a couple of clicks.

Robert

Hey Robert,

That is why I want to default it, because it is a couple of clicks.

In addition, it annoys the hell out me that it sorts by name instead of chronological.

I only use this software about one a month, sometimes longer. So, I forget to perform the arduous task of changing default settings to a format that works with my lame camera.