Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
64 bit version is too heavy
nikolo [Avatar]
Member Location: athens Joined: Oct 28, 2012 06:52 Messages: 127 Offline
[Post New]
hello i have installed director suite 5.i noticed that all programs are insatlled with 64 bit versions.but my laptop is 4 years old and my CPU ''suffer''.also some times the program crash.can i do something ?perhaps change some settings?for example to unmark the shadow copy option?.also can i download and install 32 bit version?
[Post New]
First, installing a 32bit program to a 64bit OS doesn't make sense, especially it doesn't help to an old slow computer.

An old computer might run slowly but it should not crash...

You may send the crash info back to CyberLink if you see the dialog, or post the error message to customer service.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 24. 2017 04:59

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PowerDirector 365
[Post New]
Laptops are the worst ideea for video editing. Accept that and move on.
GGRussell [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jan 08, 2012 11:38 Messages: 709 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Laptops are the worst ideea for video editing. Accept that and move on.
Seriously? LAst MSI laptop I tried had a Passmark over 5000 and your Xeon is only 3280.

Using laptop for video editing works great as long as you have the right hardware. I'm sure a 4 yr old laptop most likely wouldn't. But a 2 yr old gaming laptop probably would work fine. Just depends on the CPU and GPU configuration.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 25. 2017 12:01

Intel i7 4770k, 16GB, GTX1060 3GB, Two 240GB SSD, 4TB HD, Sony HDR-TD20V 3D camcorder, Sony SLT-A65VK for still images, Windows 10 Pro, 64bit
Gary Russell -- TN USA
nikolo [Avatar]
[Post New]
AND HOW CAN I CHANGE cpu SETTINGS?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote AND HOW CAN I CHANGE cpu SETTINGS?
Depends on what settings you want to change.

You cannot change the CPU in a Laptop. But there are some BIOS settings that can make some changes in performance. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

nikolo [Avatar]
[Post New]
are safe?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote are safe?
Nothing is guaranteed. I would think that since BIOS has the settings, they will work in your laptop with the CPU that is installed.

If I were to make a guess, there is nothing in the settings that would improve your CPU performance. I would bet the manufactuer has set the best setting for that laptop and the CPU that is in the machine.

As far as I know, the only way to improve a laptop is to replace it with a newer, faster laptop.

If your computer were a Desktop, there are a lot of components that can be replaced, many can be newer, and faster version of the current components. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
Quote Laptops are the worst ideea for video editing. Accept that and move on.
Seriously? LAst MSI laptop I tried had a Passmark over 5000 and your Xeon is only 3280.
Using laptop for video editing works great as long as you have the right hardware. I'm sure a 4 yr old laptop most likely wouldn't. But a 2 yr old gaming laptop probably would work fine. Just depends on the CPU and GPU configuration.

And you paid for that laptop probably around $1800, 2-3x of what a equal workstation would be.
If I needed more Passmark, I can easily just improve my current Passmark with a $300 investment.

Also, Passmark is fine, until you get into thermal throttling. I know peope that cannot play games on their gaming laptop more than 30 minutes in summer, if the AC is not running in that room.

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Feb 26. 2017 14:11

kristy1998 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 27, 2017 00:45 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
You are right, My PC also sleeps when i run it on my PC..

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 27. 2017 03:08