Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
In relation to: Free Music Resource for Your Projects(Archived from Jan., 2016)
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Eric Matyas commenced providing music for YouTube contributors in January, 2016, mainly as a means to try to get around YouTube "flagging" the musical content in videos posted on YT, whether deliberately included, or, in some cases, accidental(music from a nearby stereo system or radio picked up by a camera microphone). Eric's material was, and is his own creation, but it led me to think, "what became of the "flagging" issue and how was it resolved, if it was at all resolved. It's only because I now do have a YouTube channel that I've asked this question.
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Just a half-hour before writing, I was editing my Video Channel on YouTube when I clicked to check my content that I uploaded.

My most recent upload was: "Trams & Trains - Riding Home From Sydney" This was the first time I used music over the end credits, the title, "Whimsical Journey", composed and performed by Abbas Premjee, was sourced from Triple Scoop Music(supplied as part of Pinnacle's Studio 18 software). I saw that the track was deemed as copyrighted music, even though it was supposed to be licence-free for use in videos intended for YouTube. So perhaps the "flagging" issue hasn't gone away completely, just quietened down a bit.

The video I uploaded can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6zpaJ4C_eM

Have a look and see what you think.

Neil.F.1955