Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
***Solved*** How to Crop and Combine two videos
CharlesDallas [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 07, 2009 15:27 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
Using a tripod and not moving the camera at all, nor changing the zoom on the camera; I made two movies:

I have a house with a video projector focused on the house itself playing background images. I have trees to the left and right of the house that are lighted with LED lights. The camera video I made on the house required more light than the LED lights so I had to changed aperatures and ISO for the two videos. If I don't either the video is dark when I set those settings for the LED lights or the LED lights are over saturated when I set those setting for the projection.

I made two movies:

1) First I focused the camera to include the trees and the house, then turned off the video projection and made a video of the lighted trees on with aperature and ISO appropriately. (I have a music track to accompany this)

2) Second, I turned off the tree lights and made a video of the projection on the house with a second aperature and ISO setting.

Now; I want to combine the two movies. When I first insert both movies on different video lines in power director 13 and turn down the opacity on the bottom video, I can see that the two video "line up" correctly top to bottom and left to right but I need to see the bottom video at full opacity without blacking out the other video.

How do I do this? Basically, I need to insert or overlay the house projection over the tree light video.

Charles

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jan 06. 2017 11:36

CS2014
Senior Contributor Location: USA-Eastern Time Zone Joined: Sep 16, 2014 16:44 Messages: 629 Offline
[Post New]
Would switching the clips.... put the clip you currently have in track 2... in 1.. and the one in track one.. put it in 2... would this achieve what you want?

I thought the track 1 took 'precedent' or .. priority... or something to this effect.

CS

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 05. 2017 18:02

PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray Drive
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Now; I want to combine the two movies. When I first insert both movies on different video lines in power director 13 and turn down the opacity on the bottom video, I can see that the two video "line up" correctly top to bottom and left to right but I need to see the bottom video at full opacity without blacking out the other video.

How do I do this? Basically, I need to insert or overlay the house projection over the tree light video.

What CS2014 proposed would work well. If you want to no compromises in opacity and is willing to do something different then there is a YT video that explain what you can do: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vZaEapBueI .

There is a 6 minute portion in the video starting at 23:32 showing how to remove an object say a house by taking a snapshot, remove the background using photodirector, create a mask, add the other house that you want that has the video projection.

Let us know if any of these suggestions might help you to create the video you want.